Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake 3-2 the Good, the Bad, & the Ugly
The wife and I made our annual trek to FL this weekend and rented the Larspur cabin. As we pulled up Friday we noticed a large group of young men partying on the porch of the cabin next door. Not a good sign. We did not get to sleep until 2:00 A.M in spite of asking them to cool it. I complained to the guy who run the cabin the next morning and he assured me it would not happen the next night. Any how Sat. started with a mild 50 mph breeze and snow tornadoes on the lake. We set up at Joes bush in 18' fow, settings up the tent was a chore. Good thing it was hitched to the sled. First drop Jeanine pulled a double, she did this 8 more times. Perch were fat 8 1/2 to 10" caught many planter bows and 1 4# laker! no splake that night we were out by. 8 no noise what a gift. Sunday was the most beautiful day. We put our sleds on at Joe's Bush and went to the East side. Set up in 28' and found larger perch and splake. Kept 6 splake and about 50 perch. The laker will visit our smoker tomorrow.ice was 12 to 14" slush was nonexistent there was a patch of open water at Twin creeks with a city of people around it. You could use either a sled or an ATV. Edges were solid with no end in site. Best perch bait, green finke with wax worm followed with an orange gazillions with perch meat, for Splake a forage minnow in perch with perch meat Tight lines.
[signature]
Great report. I liked the 1st pic too.
[signature]