Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New "Boat" on lake mead
My name is Matt and I've recently bought a 10' pond prowler mostly for use in the smaller lakes in utah but I'm dying to give it a try in some of the coves at lake mead. It has a 40 thrust electric motor and I was wondering if anyone could share any insight on using a smaller craft like this and perhaps which coves and or techniques may work this time of year. Someone told me at bass pro to try kingman wash?

Thanks!
[signature]
You can try Government Wash, Crawdad Cove and even Boxcar Cove. The road to all 3 locations I mentioned are dirt roads but better in my opinion than that road to Kingman Wash. There are quite a few coves you can easily access from all 3 locations. As for that little pond prowler on the big water, becareful!! The boat itself is fine, it's the other BIG boaters who have little concern for you in that little boat and will wake you. I have one just like it and although I don't use it at Mead anymore. I have to always be aware of big boats and be ready to turn head on into big waves all the time in order to take them without getting thrown off the side. I only use mine at Willow Beach and mountain lakes in AZ and UT. Good Luck!!
[signature]
Very good info.. You are right on with that dirt road to Kingman wash!!! It's totally not worth it!!
[signature]
Don't forget to register your boat with NDOW, also you will need an AIS sticker too.

If you are looking for some quick bass action in the coves Chad71 mentioned, a small jighead and "Gulp Minnows" by Berkley work great.
[signature]