Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anbody see the Denver game on Sun?
So, is it just me, or were those announcers TOTALLY biased towards Cleveland?!?! It seemed like everything they said was praising the Browns for this and that, but then just half blowing it off when Denver made a good play. It was pretty annoying. It's fine if you like one team better than the other, or you want one team to win more than the other, but come on you're supposed to be a professional why don't you act like it?

It really was a good game, though, really tense. We just about kicked our own a$$es with all the stupid penalties we had though. I think the one in the 4th where we were called for Pass Interference on a deep pass was NOT interference anyway. Well, can't complain we came up with the win. This next week will be a real test against Indianapolis.
[signature]
I saw the game, and I know what you mean. I notice the announcers do that in other games as well.

My theory is this: Denver was pretty well favored in that game. I felt they were going to win bigger than they did. I think the announcers thought that as well, so what they do is they start praising the Browns, so that the average fan who has no biased toward either team thinks that they actually have a shot at winning. It keeps the fan more interested. It actually turned out closer than it should have, so the announcers start praising the Browns for stepping up to the challenge, and sort of ignoring the Broncos when they do good cause it is more expected. If they start praising the Broncos the average fan will start to think "OK, it's over.. Browns don't have a chance."

On another note: It was a close game mainly because Cleveland was playing harder than they usually do. They are a team that needs a hard team to play against to succeed. They usually turn up the tempo against harder opponents like the Steelers and the Raiders(don't laugh, when they played them the Raiders were favored) Rams, and Denver. They struggle against weaker teams like San Diego and teams like that cause they don't get motivated. I know a lot of Browns fans in Ohio and they are diferent breed all together. Brown fan is Ohio State Fan wearing brown clothes. So be glad they don't succeed to often.
[signature]
Lol. That makes sense. Ratings are all that really matter to the networks, anyway, right?

I have a friend who's from Ohio -- a diehard Cleveland fan. I haven't had the chance to go rub it in yet though.
[signature]
I was at a local bar down the street from my house watching the Oakland/Cleveland debacle and the game hadn't even ended when the calls came pouring in from Cleveland on my cell phone. I just had to take it like a man and wait til I got home before I started crying. LOL

When you call your friendyou can also bring up "the drive."[cool]
[signature]
[size 2]They played really hard against Rams too. I thought they were going to lose! ( not really ) Rams defense is really coming into season![Wink][sly][/size]

[size 2] I am still sticking with Rams for Superbowl but who they will play is up in the air! Maybe Eagles.[unimpressed][/size]

[size 2]Chiefs have been getting kicked around like red-headed step child![shocked][/size]
[signature]
Eagles and Rams in the super bowl huh? Do you know when the last time 2 NFC teams played each other in the Super Bowl? A safe bet when guessing a Super Bowl matchup would be to 1st, pick a team from the AFC to play a team in the NFC. I think its time for one of your Football trivia posts.

"Are you dumb enough to be a Rams fan"..[crazy]

Question #1, how many teams from each conference are eligeble to go to the Super Bowl? HeHeHe[laugh] Touche'! Just havin' a little fun.
[signature]
[size 1]"Are you dumb enough to be a Rams fan"..[crazy] [/size]

[size 1]Wow, releasit! How did that one taste?[sly][/size]

[size 1]Rams are looking tough............. at home, but they do throw a lot of interceptions. Eagles and Rams would be a great "NFC Championship" game for sure. The AFC is up for grabs with New England edging the early favorite. [/size]

[size 1]Should be a great playoffs as long as the right teams play. I don't want to see Carolina, Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, Cincinatti, or Baltimore near any championship game.[/size]
[signature]
I know. That was a test! Do you know how many times I ask people about to NFC teams or AFC teams matching up and no one caught that![sly]
[signature]
Actually everyone caught it. BEARCLAW was the first to react to it. You should of gone with AFC teams playing in the superbowl. At least that's happened before.[crazy] LOL
[signature]