Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranger boat help***!
Hello Las Vegas fishing community! I am a grad student that has moved down to Vegas and have been going through withdrawals without mountain streams and lakes to catch fish in. So to remedy that I bought a project bass boat (82 Ranger bass boat). I've acquired a good running Evinrude 115 that I've hung on the back but can't figure out how to get the steering hooked up or get the controls installed??? Is there anyone out there with the skills and know how that wants to take a saturday morning and help me get this hooked up and then hit the lake with me? I can pay you for your services or you can fish the lake with me on my gas, my dime, lunch on me.

Thanks!
[signature]
Welcome to the Forum Rebel!

I've got no experience with steering cable controls - I'm stuck on a tiller. But I'm sure you will find someone here who may be willing to help.

Make sure to take some pictures and post a report - We'd love to hear about your trip when you get running.
[signature]
You might check on some of the boating forums for help.

http://www.bbcboards.net/forum.php

Where are you in Las Vegas?
[signature]
I took my boat for some basic services to Gerry's Marine in Henderson. Very satisfied with his customer service, I went in with a list he could have just done everything and charged me. He called me and explained some of the things I didn't need to do. I would go back to him.
Cacoon
[signature]
Thanks for the replies! ReelLittleFish the boat is at a buddies place in Henderson. Cacoon I'll look into Gerry's marine and see if I can afford their shop fees. Good news though, I got the steering figured out and now just need help getting the throttle cables figured out and we are on the water! Anyone know a good place to get some parts? I'm going to need a new OMC/JohnnyRude fuell line and bulb, some OMC throttle cables, and a couple other fittings?

Thanks!
[signature]
Look at Overtons and locally at West Marine
[signature]