Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle and Deer Creek
Went to jordanelle early thursday. Ive never fished there so didnt really know where to start. Trolled pop gear and rapalas for a while, threw jigs on shore, tried bait but didnt catch anything but trees and rocks for hours. Water was cold, 35. Finally got my first bite on pop gear at the edge of the ice near the inlet. Nice brown 18-19" and not too long after a colorful red sided bow. Lost the bow at the net, of course. One more bite. Gave up, left and went to deer creek where i know the fish are biting. Trolled pop gear with green wedding ring and corn pb and a green spoon on the surface. No downrigger needed. Caught so many fish it took me over an hour to cross the lake. 20+ mostly small bows. Beats slow fishing. Rigged up for walleye before dark and fished everything i had. Got a bite around 9, nice bow very close to shore. Never caught one at night. About 15 min later i got a bite ive never felt before, slow dragging a minnow on the bottom. Got it to the boat and realized i finally caught a DC walley. 21" fatty. Fished til 10 with no more bites.
[signature]
Nice job. Love the picture of the walleye. Wish I could catch one of those guys again just for the amazing taste of walleye tacos.
[signature]
Great post. Patience and perseverance is what it often takes. Nice fish.
[signature]
call me when the Wally fillets are ready !
[signature]