Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple days in the cat house and then the big blow
I have been watching conditions and decided to make the run over to the cat house before the storm hit.
Saturday I drove from home to get there early. I felt like I going to fall asleep in the boat all day. I forgot my oar mount for my camera so sorry for the bad pictures.

[Image: 3-15-14-A_zps8fd7151d.jpg]

Water was 48 degrees and air was 31. I headed into the hole and was blessed. it was not super hard and fast fishing but it was good. I got 10 cats over 25". Most were running 27" to 28". I got one that was 30" but they are all real skinny. Seems that winter might have been hard on some them.

[Image: 3-15-14-C_zpscb059df1.jpg]

[Image: 3-15-14-I_zpsda939b79.jpg]

[Image: 3-15-14-E_zpscb068b11.jpg]

Well On Sunday I wanted to do something different so I headed for a different place and headed up stream, 4 hours up stream. I got to some shallow spots and had to walk the boat through. Then I would get back in and try it some more. I left the dock early but didn't get to where I wanted to go until noon.
I quickly started to make up for lost time. I got 9, and nothing under 26" and four were 30" but again not real heavy. This first one was the biggest for the trip.

[Image: 3-16-14-A_zps767a9e90.jpg]

[Image: 3-16-14-B_zpsb1fa9ea5.jpg]

[Image: 3-16-14-F_zps8545b22b.jpg]

I also caught a person best Small Mouth I think. It was 17" and caught on a chunk of cut bait. I don''t focus on them so I was kind of surprised at this fish.
Well Monday I took the day off to see my uncle for his birthday and woke up to a wind that felt like it was going to blow my truck over. In Twin Falls trucks were literally being blown over. I will get my boat ready to head into the sturgeon hole and give it a try. Ron
[signature]
You lucky dog, I see they dropped the flow out of Milner this morning, think they're filling murtaugh lake.
[signature]
That's what I'm talking about. Way to go Ron.
[signature]
I'm jealous! I've been dying to go fishing, but between work & the goofy weather, I haven't been able to go yet. I'm hoping to take my soon-to-be daugher-in-law to Owyhee tomorrow.

Is that a pool noodle wrapped around your creel?
[signature]
Yes it is. They float higher and I originally did it to use with a float tube because the the noodle would touch the float tube instead of the wire. Ron
[signature]