Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flyfishig beginner
That was my thoughts. If u have the right bug/larvae size that is in the stream it shouldn't be too much of a struggle. Its just getting the fly to look natural flowing in the currant right?
[signature]
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I took something from every post. I think I will try a cheaper outfit but replace the line. And I thank you folks for the options you've advised me to buy. It will be very helpfull when I chose to upgrade 100 bucks. Ill see how my cheap flypole does. I really do appreciate everyones view! Thanks
[signature]
That's what happens when you buy cheap cabelas rods. I now have a 5 wt cross water and I've caught 25" carp with no problem.

I will never touch a cheap cabelas rod ever again.
[signature]
Ya I've been using lighter tippet then usual. As well I finally bought a new reel for the sinking line you gave me with the old reel [laugh]. No more tangle mess for me. For now I'm sticking with redington fly rods.
[signature]
+1
[signature]
Wow how heck did you break a 8wt on a 20 incher ?

As far as Cabelas rods go I own a 6wt LSi, & 7wt CZT there not bad especially for the price not the greatest of fly rods but I have fished with them for a few years now and have yet to have one of the break.
[signature]
Forget what FFL said about cabelas rods, Cabelas use to have a startup package, rod, reel, vest, line, nippers, hemo's and flies. Awesome package for a starter I cant remember if it came wth the 3 forks rod or which rod but I think it was around 100 bucks
[signature]
Like I said, use correct TIPPET size. You do not want 12 lb on a 4 wt. Sure a fish won't break you off, but that is how tips get broke. Better to loose a fish, or a fly in the bush.
[signature]
12lb tippet !!! wow .. Any how on a side not its suppose to be 60 on Saturday looking to break the toon out you interested ?
[signature]
More than you know, but I have my Stillwater class at South Town and a chance to hang out with some friends I only get to see at these shows like Justin from Allen Fly Fishing. I am open to anything after this weekend!.
[signature]
Oh Ya almost for the Wasatch Expo I may have to stop by and say hi.

http://www.wasatchexpo.com/
[signature]