Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to mount kicker motor bracket?
Here's a pic of the back of my boat, where do I mount my 10 horse kicker motor bracket? The motor is a 4 stroke.

What's the difference between the 4 stroke and 2 stroke brackets?

Any of you have a bracket you'd sell?
[signature]
Personally I would go with a remote troll, The back of my boat is almost the same as yours. I have had a remote troll for several years and love it, you can steer your boat from anywhere in the boat. Its hard to reach to hand steer a kicker motor in a boat like this. I had mine installed at lee's marine several years ago, much easier for trolling.
[signature]
I second the remote troll. And the difference is 4 strokes are heavier than 2strokes
[signature]
Hi , HATH. You defiantly want to use the upper section on your boat. I use a remote-troll unit on my boat .
[signature]
I'd go with the deck mounted remote troll. remote troll in Logan is very good to work with, and sell the bracket you need for a very reasonable cost around a 100 bucks. as far as 4 stroke vs. 2stroke the weight on the 4 is a little more but the reliability, fuel economy, and noise are much much better than a 2 stroke. here's how I mounted mine. p/s be sure and put some reinforcement under the deck mount.
[signature]
Hello hath. I mounted mine under the swim platform so I can still use the swim deck. There is a guy in AF that built my brackets. If u are interested pm me and I can hook u up with him I think the stainless brackets where 75 bucks
[signature]
Where are you suggesting to get one? Logan...?
[signature]
The web site is remotetroll.com they are in Logan ut. Mtncat1 said it best in are opinion remote troll is a great product. And I can give u the name of the guy that custom built my brackets
[signature]
he also has many styles of prebuilt brackets for flush mount or transom mounts and deck mounts he a fisherman and builds a get product. plus all remote troll products old or new will work currently or can be up graded to work with any of his new product.
[signature]
Another vote for the Remote Troll. Mine came on my used fiberglass boat, and I love it.
[signature]
I also mounted a remote troll on top of the swim platform has worked well for the 2 yrs I have had it . Other than I would mount it as High as you can. the newer electric motor assembly that turns the motor doesn't like a bunch of water . have replaced one already.
[signature]
Thanks everybody for your input. I'm surprised that the only thing suggested was the remotetroll. Sounds like a really good product.

My purpose for mounting a kicker motor is for when we go to powell, just as a back up in case the main motor goes out. Otherwise I've got a bow mounted electric motor that I troll with.

That being said I think I'll fab a bracket up out of aluminum and have someone weld it up for me. I think that'll be more than sufficient for my needs, and hopefully metal mart in AF will have some aluminum plate. If you know of a good tig welder here in Utah County let me know: )
[signature]
Did you miss this?
[quote HYDROFISH]Hello hath. I mounted mine under the swim platform so I can still use the swim deck. There is a guy in AF that built my brackets. If u are interested pm me and I can hook u up with him I think the stainless brackets where 75 bucks[/quote]
Sounds like he is in your area and knows a guy that can build a bracket for you.
[signature]
Doh yes I did. Not sure how I missed that.
[signature]
Hey Hydrofish, I'd be interested in having that guy make me a bracket. Could you send me his info?
[signature]
MtnCat1,
Did your remote troll come with the water snake shown in the first picture? or was it an optional add on. I think I would pass on the snake.
[signature]
PM sent on the brackets
[signature]
we were at the gorge last year and my 3yr old grand daughter spotted it on the boat I was very surprised to say the least.
[signature]
I bought a used remote troll to mount on my swim deck. The trolling motor did not sit deep enough in to the water so I had a bracket mad to get it down lower.
[signature]