Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ca yellow bullhead
I think i just beat the record in my state but I did not get it officially weighed I caught a 9 pound yellow bullhead.[:/]

[Image: 0C603F54-4739-4A0D-9412-39E69183874E_zpsrqgsx4xa.jpg]
[signature]
Welcome to the site John, nice cat but I don't think it is a yellow cat? Looks like a channel cat to me. If you don't mind me asking, what lake did you catch it in?
WH2
[signature]
I was wondering if it was a channel do to the tail but most channel catfish have black spots on them in these waters.I was in a river that boarders private property.
[signature]
[#0000FF]That fish is clearly a channel cat...and a nice one. You can't always determine fish species by color alone. Channel cats can be anything from pale grey to dark grey to black to the coppery color in your picture. The young also often have spots on them, which usually disappear as they get older.

The key is in the shape of the head and the fins. Bullheads have squared off tails and channel cats have a forked tail.

Here is a picture of a yellow bullhead.

[inline LBF_Yellow_Bullhead.jpg]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks for the help.She had a gopher almost digested in her stomach I found a hand full of hair tail bone lol. Has any one used catfish roe as bait before ?
I will be going out again this weekend trying for a bigger one .
[signature]
And Bullheads make awesome live bait for big Flathead cats.

How is Steve doing old buddy?

[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]That fish is clearly a channel cat...and a nice one. You can't always determine fish species by color alone. Channel cats can be anything from pale grey to dark grey to black to the coppery color in your picture. The young also often have spots on them, which usually disappear as they get older.

The key is in the shape of the head and the fins. Bullheads have squared off tails and channel cats have a forked tail.

Here is a picture of a yellow bullhead.

[/#0000FF][/quote]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Steve is doing much better these days. Went through some rough times but he now has a great job, has finished his college degree, his daughter is married and his son is getting married this summer.

He kinda dropped out of the fishing scene for a while but is getting back into it.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I know how that is. I went through some family things for a bit, and still am, but they are getting better. I'm hoping to do more fishing this season as well. Glad he is doing better man. [Smile]

[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]Steve is doing much better these days. Went through some rough times but he now has a great job, has finished his college degree, his daughter is married and his son is getting married this summer.

He kinda dropped out of the fishing scene for a while but is getting back into it.
[/#0000FF][/quote]
[signature]