Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14
[#0000FF]Thanks. I appreciate your kind words...even if you do type IN ALL CAPS.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
dont you think it would have been better to let that female swim, i know many on this board follow your actions,then i see you are complaining about snaggers on another post.
[signature]
Yeah that eye would have spawned a bunch of eggs for sure, that being said you cant fault a guy for keeping 1 EYe that is within the limits of that body of water.
There are tons in there that size and bigger that will make up for the one fish.
I think the majority of folks that get lucky enough to catch a nice eye like that would probably keep her too.

Plus The Willard eye spawn is a different story if you know what i mean[Tongue]
[signature]
Thanks Pat for taking your time to poke me. It makes me feel better about our first in-person contact. I have always said that "an enemy is someone that I have never met yet". I am glad that we met.
I did get 10 walleye. I am rookie on this posting "stuff", so if someone can tell me how to post a pic, I will try to post the pic I took. I just took a pic with my phone, so I can e-mail or text a pic(I am old school and I just learned how to do this).
Thanks again.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Glad we're okay. I really did not mean to be snarky. Actually making fun of my own operation. Those who know me better know that I have a warped sense of humor. And I don't attack others...unless they start it. You didn't.

Also glad to hear you got some fish. Makes it all much better.

Send the email to your home computer and then save the pic as a Jpeg file. Then you can go back to your post, click on edit, then click the "browse" button at the bottom of your post, find the file, open it and attach it. Don't click on the inline button unless you follow the procedures to make the picture appear in the body of your post. Best to stick to the basics until you learn the system better. If you want you can make your own report on a separate post.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote gettingthereok]dont you think it would have been better to let that female swim, i know many on this board follow your actions,then i see you are complaining about snaggers on another post.[/quote]

[#0000FF]Why is it that the only time you crawl out from under your rock is to take potshots at me for one of my posts?

If you knew anything about Utah Lake you would know that it is overrun with walleyes and that there are plenty of big healthy spawning females to keep the species populated.

That will be the only big female I keep this year. I much prefer the smaller males. And had I not lost the one I hooked earlier the big mama would have been released.

Yes, I do complain about snaggers. It is both illegal and immoral. Keeping a legally caught fish of any size is a matter of personal choice. It is not your place (or mine) to preach to others.

No go back under your rock.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[#bf0000][size 5]MOD NOTE: enough of your rabble rousing. Take this as a warning, next steps will be more severe. [/size][/#bf0000]
[#bf0000][size 5]You are entitled to your opinion, but your obvious intent to harrass another user is unwelcome and will not be tolerated. [/size][/#bf0000]
[#bf0000][size 5][/size][/#bf0000]
[#bf0000][size 5]THIS is not the first time you have made such effforts. Let it be your last, or it WILL be your last. Hope I make this clear enough.[/size][/#bf0000]
Son, I suspect that TD has logged more hours in a float tube than you have breathing. His BTDT ( and Knows That) list is longer than your bucket list.

Just consider that next time you post. Please do post more, however. Nothing wrong with you that a little perspective wouldn't cure - and that'll come with time.
[signature]

You make the call for yourself concerning which fish to harvest within your legal limit and we will each continue do the same!
[signature]
Pat,
Glad to see you got out and found a wally. I must have read the same weather report as you did. I decided to stop at Provo Boat Harbor on my way out to lincoln beach. Hung into a male on the third cast and he also returned my jig just as I reached for him with the net. Shoulda left then but I didnt. Stayed to try and hook another one. Went from flat water to mild chop to big waves in a couple hours. No fish were harmed during this outing even though one fish did get his feelings hurt briefly. He returned the favor by spitting the jig at me and waving his middle fin as he left. Weather just isnt staying consistent but will try again soon. This was my first walleye trip for the year.
[signature]
[#0000ff]NUFF SAID
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Those fish we lost yesterday must have gone to different schools together. I wish I had a dollar for every walleye I have "released" just before net time. With those big mouths they open up, shake their heads and rattle the lures loose. Other species sometimes do that too but walleyes seem so much better at it.

Sorry you went home without a fishie. There will be more to come. Just getting started with a long season ahead. Let's get out in the tubes when the post spawn glut comes on. Might have to work our way through a few kitties while we're at it.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Nice lookin eye. Too bad on the fish cleaning station.
[signature]
sorry didn't think about it lol
[signature]
[#0000FF]No problem. I am used to being yelled at. I'm married.

It's the thought that counts. Appreciate.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
son, lol believe me i have fished way more than i should have in my life, just because i dont post every fish i catch on here.I have caught enough fish to know i would not croak that spawner.If it was a novice or a young kid i could understand, but any decent walleye stick can catch a couple males to eat .The part that got to me is when the dude was complaining about the inlet fishing at willard, which is also very legal and for people without boats one of the few chances they have to join in the fun and catch a walleye .You elitists on this board are down on them but they pay there license and maybe dont have the means to bottom bounce or troll cranks.The bottom line is i dont think any decent walleye or bass guy should be killing spawners with eggs on the bed or close.
[signature]
Do you think it's ethical to fish for bass on beds if you're releasing them? Just asking because you said killing. I have fished for bass on beds but always released them to the same spot. I know people have different opinions on this just thought I'd ask yours.
[signature]
What I am curious about is why is it that you have chosen to attack tube dude for his choice to keep a female walley? Unless I miss my guess you may have done something very similar to doing so when you were younger or just learning how to fish. You say you can understand a novice or a younger kid keeping one but if an adult does so you get all up in arms. I am not saying I condone keeping a spawner because I have done the same myself but I make every effort to release them back if I can. I have kept some in the past because they are bleeding from the gills or other problems that would have caused them to die before finishing the spawn and I would rather see a fish kept and enjoyed rather than released and perish.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]Those fish we lost yesterday must have gone to different schools together. I wish I had a dollar for every walleye I have "released" just before net time. With those big mouths they open up, shake their heads and rattle the lures loose. Other species sometimes do that too but walleyes seem so much better at it.

[/#0000FF][/quote]

Crappies are pretty good at that too... paper mouths and once they get on the surface they'll head shake and be gone.

Walleyes are really good at it though I've noticed also, their mouth is actually pretty tough and they know how to flop and shake with enough energy and speed to come undone.
[signature]
[quote gettingthereok]son, lol believe me i have fished way more than i should have in my life, just because i dont post every fish i catch on here.I have caught enough fish to know i would not croak that spawner.If it was a novice or a young kid i could understand, but any decent walleye stick can catch a couple males to eat .The part that got to me is when the dude was complaining about the inlet fishing at willard, which is also very legal and for people without boats one of the few chances they have to join in the fun and catch a walleye .You elitists on this board are down on them but they pay there license and maybe dont have the means to bottom bounce or troll cranks.The bottom line is i dont think any decent walleye or bass guy should be killing spawners with eggs on the bed or close.[/quote]

If you keep a female fish in the middle of summer you are stopping her from spawning next March so what is the difference between that and harvesting one when she has eggs? I bet you don't bat an eye when you harvest them in the summer... [laugh] You do realize there are thousands and thousands of big walleye in Utah Lake...

Technically catching males is not great for spawning either... if you are that worried about the spawning fish you should release them to take care of business too...

Tubedude caught his fish in the mouth, it ate his jig... you can't compare that situation to his distaste for snaggers at the Willard inlet. Totally different scenario and different fishery too.

Walleye fisherman don't have to spend money on boats, bottom bouncers or crankbaits... the cheapest and often most effective way to catch walleyes is with lead jigs heads and softplastics.
[signature]