Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camden fly fishing
Hello everyone. I will be visiting family in Camden and am looking to get some fly fishing in while I am there. It looks like Camden is loaded with creeks. Ideally I would like to fish for trout and get some dry fly action. I am mainly a steelhead fisherman up here in Cleveland and seldom get to dry fly fish. Not asking for any spots but just some general guidance on what the creeks are like and if I can find some trout nearby. Thanks and tight lines! If anyone every comes searching for Great Lakes steelhead drop me a line and I will try and help out.
Howdy and welcome to the forum! The primary body of water in Camden will be Lake Wateree. Not many people fly fish in that area to my knowledge, as I fish Lake Wateree myself, but I target panfish species, as well as Striped Bass and Catfish. The lake is full of various species of panfish, as well as large numbers of large catfish; especially Blue Cats.

If you run into a fly fishing scenario where you are able to successfully target trout, let me know. I'd be interested in looking into it!

If you want some tips on some of the species I mentioned above, just post back up. I'll help you as best as I can.
[signature]