Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the best places in a creek to fish for freshly stocked trout?
I live in Pennsylvania and Opening Day for Trout is Saturday, March 29th. This would be my first time fishing in a creek stocked with trout. I have fished for stocked pond trout. I know what baits to use too. However, I would like to know the spots the trout hide out in. I do know that they like the currents but I've never fished this creek before so I don't know what it looks like. I was thinking about taking a drive over there to check it out before Opening Day. So if you could tell me the best places in a creek to fish and how to fish a creek for stocked trout that'd be great. Thank you sooo much! Big Grin
[signature]
I've done a lot of trout fishing in stocked lakes. I know here I use mostly bait. Like Power Bait. I'd go and talk to the locals there. Other fishermen seem to be a good source of info. I'll ask several different folks. most often they'll tell you what to use and where to fish.
[signature]
Look for the trout behind rocks where the currant changes. Deeper pools are always good. Also look for rising trout. Because not the spook them though. Trout are easily turned off in small streams.
[signature]