Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some manly Weber cutts
Little report from the weber today. It got a little rainy and windy for a while but the fish still seemed to be biting, although it was fairly slow. I know that there are a lot of big browns but do people catch very many big cutts out of the weber? Ive only caught a few cutthroat but they were less than twelve inches so I was surprised when I hooked into a couple decent sized ones today. I've had decent success lately trailing a chironomid off of a stonefly. The fish in the pics were all caught on a sz 16 ice cream cone chironomid. They just love the ice cream cone!
[signature]
Awesome fish and photos. The fishing gods were indeed smiling on you in that first picture. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Great report and pictures. Cutthroats are hard to come by on the Weber and good ones are even harder to come by. Thanks for sharing. My theory still holds true, nice day, slow fishing, bad weather, good fishing.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks, that Brown was the biggest fish I've caught on my fly rod so it was quite a joy to bring in.
[signature]
I've noticed I tend to catch bigger fish in bad weather but just not as many. Let's hope the fishing stays good this weekend with the rain.
[signature]
Nice fish and pics. Back in the day when dad and I used to fish the Weeb a lot , we would occasionally score some nice cutts, but they were rare. The new regs should make them more common.

The pic of you and the brown makes it look like you were having a religious experience when catching it. Wink
[signature]
Who takes your pictures? Very nice.
[signature]
Thanks I just lean my phone against the bank and set a timer haha.
[signature]
Ha ha religious experience. We were definitely connecting on a deeper level. It would be nice if the cutt population could continue to do well. They're sure fun to catch.
[signature]
[quote ddmoogs]Thanks I just lean my phone against the bank and set a timer haha.[/quote]

You got the pose down[Wink]
[signature]