Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody hit Fish Lake Lately?
I was up at Strawberry last Friday and the ice is still in great shape. Could get anywhere you want on a 4 wheeler.
I am wondering what Fish Lake looks like. Anybody want to provide a report? Don't know if I will get back down there, but I am thinking about making the drive.
[signature]
+1, I'm wondering how the edges are holding up. Another ice trip would be great!
[signature]
My dad and brother were there this weekend. They said ice was good 18 inches where they were fishing with solid edges. Fishing wasn't bad either.
[signature]
I was there last Friday and Saturday. The ice was a little soft where everyone had been getting onto it (from the wheelers and snow-mobiles?). We walked down a little and it was fine. I'm not sure how much was soft, the new snow made it hard to tell. Where we were on the lake there was about 20 inches of very hard ice (first time I have regretted the nills hand auger). We didn't move around a lot because the ice was a pain to get through, although I would have liked to be a little deeper, but the fishing was great. Good luck.
Any more info on the fishing? Kind of fish, north or south? Thanks
[signature]
Hookinup...did you end up making that last trip to Fish Lake? I'm still contemplating but not sure edges will still be good next weekend. =)
[signature]