Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4/3/14 evening trip
With only a few evening hours to spend with my clients, and high winds, I couldn't see fighting the troll motor for a few redfish. So we slapped around 90 of these in the boat. 62 keepers in all.

[Image: image_zps8ecef2fa.jpg]

If you wanna get in on some of this action, check out my website at http://www.VeniceGuideService.com
[signature]
That's a lot of specks. I hope they were hungry, as they don't freeze very well.
[signature]
Actually, they freeze great.
[signature]

I must not be holding my mouth right. I use a vacuum sealer when I freeze fish. Everytime i've stuck a bag of trout in the fridge to thaw, and opened it to use the next morning, it mush. What's the trick then?

Now, my BSB, Mahi, Cobia, etc... i've never had an issue with freezing.

[quote VenicCharters]Actually, they freeze great.[/quote]
[signature]
I have a 50lb. Roll of Saran Wrap, and I wrap them, squeezing all the air out, then put them in a gallon ziplock, the stick a couple of gallon zip locks in a 2 1/2 gallon ziplock.

I've gone through too many vacu sealers to keep using them anymore.
[signature]
Doesn't sound like you are doing anything special, or that a vacuum sealer doesn't accomplish.

FYI, the vacuum sealer I use is industrial grade. My fishing buddy consequently owns/operates a wild game processing business, so I have access to things like that, walk in coolers, cubers, etc... that most people don't.

I dunno. I stand by my experience and still won't freeze them anymore. I'm glad you're having better luck at it. I just hate tossing fish in the trash. [:|]
[signature]