Still catching them!
[Image: IMG_1455_zps7870fa0f.jpg]
And some pretty colors for Paul
[Image: LilGold1_zps3f019bf4.jpg]
[Image: Gold_zps7a98f865.jpg]
one with lip stick
[Image: Gody3_zps52162b2e.jpg]
[signature]
Are you fishing in a Koi pond Jonie[Wink]? The first one is a toad, did you measure it? Looks like it would go over 25"[:/].
[signature]
Those are Gold Fish, not Koi. Thinking left overs from state fair. The top one 32" long.
[signature]
Even that last one is a Gold Fish? Wow 32" on that big carp is huge must have been around 10 lbs. I caught one the other day at Willard that was 27 or 28" that was over 7 lbs. I bet that 32 incher gave you a good fight on a fly rod.
[signature]
Yes the white one is a gold fish. Koi look like Carp with mouth towards the bottom and whiskers.
This carp was over 10 lbs, but I can't tell you exact weight. They are more solid than Trout of the same size.
The 36" trout I caught was close to 18 -20 lbs.

In catch a lot of 30+" carp, but they are all fun. This one was a little unexpected so I was using a 5 wt.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice.

But the white one IS a koi. Both goldfish and koi are varieties of carp and both can have variations in colors. And both are dumped illegally into our various waters.

That white one would have been worth several hundred dollars at that size.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I am familiar with the Koi and the coloring surely dictates that, but no barbles and the mouth says gold fish. Comet or maybe a Lion Gold Fish but even Gold Fish can be white, red and gold.
I feel richer already for catching it.
Here is a Koi pond
[Image: IMG_1763.jpg]
No fishing allowed though.
[signature]
Drew Cushing [#777777][size 2]andrewcushing@utah.gov[/size][/#777777]
6:16 AM (56 minutes ago)
[Image: cleardot.gif]
[#777777]to me [/#777777]
[#777777][Image: cleardot.gif][/#777777]
Good morning. I believe that is a goldfish in your hands. I'm not sure because they are so similar. However the main difference between the two are the lack of barbels on the goldfish.
[signature]
Still amazes me how you catch these carp on fly!

Not even them Utah boys could get them on fly[laugh] lol
[signature]