Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE ON ROD GUIDES
ICE FISHING SEASON IS COMMING , ONE OF THE BIGGEST PAINS IS BREAKING THE ICE OFF THE ROD GUIDES .
JUST WHIP OUT YOUR CHAP-STICK , PINCH OFF A SMALL PIECE AND RUB IT ON THE ROD GUIDES . PROBLEM SOLVED !
[signature]
[Tongue] And I thought I knew everything !!! lol !!! I always bought a couple rods with big eyes at the tip to use when that problem occured !!! Thx Lonehunter !

[signature]
NOW IF I COULD GET IT IN THE INDUSTRIAL SIZE I COULD KEEP THE WISKERS FROM FREEZING UP ![crazy]
[signature]

Hey the lonehunter,

Chapstick.... Sounds good to me. I wonder about that spray stuff that you sometimes see in the auto parts stores that you spray on the windshield and side mirrors so they don't ice up??!! I'll bet that might work too.

JapanRon
[signature]
rain-x does work on some guides ,BUT ,it can damage a car's finish/paint job . i can't recommend it for coustom rods or the high doller rods where a overapplication accident might ruin your rod's blank finish, . it might be good for a iniexpencive rod , prep time would have to be done the night before i think .
some guys use WD-40 also .
[signature]
I still use the old method, I cant seem to get suzzie to share her stick with me, so I just blow on ice build up and the ice magicly disapears. I wonder if it has to do with me being a big bag of wind full of hot air[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2073;]

my buddies put the ends of their rods in their mouths, along with the ice build up on their lines to melt the ice off, it only takes a second and dose not add any unwanted sents in the water of already finnicky fish. they do ofcouse wash out their mouths with schnopps and wizers, I have to scrach my head at them, when I pull out a bottle of worm booze (Hose') the pack up their gear and bee line for shore.... lol. I wonder if it has something to do with the tridition of haveing to finish off the last drink?[sly]
[signature]
THAT GOLD STUFF MAKES ME DO SILLY THINGS LIKE FIND THE BIGGEST GUY AROUND AND MAKE FUN OF HIS MAMMA'S WEIGHT , LOL !
THE CAPTIN'S GOOD AROUND THE SHORE FIRE AT THE END OF THE DAY , BUT ONCE HOME AND SITTING IN A STEEMING HOT TUB SOME (RATHER EXPENCIVE ) BRANDY IS IN ORDER .
AFTER A SUCESSFULL DEER HUNT A BOTTLE OF BEER AND A GOOD CIGAR IS THE TRADITION BEFORE LEAVING THE FEILD .
[signature]