Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead tips please
Hey, looking for some tips on where to fish at this upcoming week since im on break. I dont have a boat but im gonna definiteley pick up a float tube this weekend. Was wondering where you guys thunk would be a good spot, preferably for stripers and smallmouth. At this time of the year do you think id have better luck at willow beach going toward hoover dam, or mead somewhere? Any tips would be great!
[signature]
Government Wash and Vegas Wash are good places to fish for striper. If you planning on using a tube you could launch from govt wash pretty easily. Can't speak to how the fishing is at Willow Beach. I stopped going there after the Feds stopped the trout stocking. If you can catch shad you'll have a better chance of getting into striper.
[signature]
[cool]You can try launching from Rocky Point at 33 Hole at Lake Mead. The hike down isn't bad and there are some coves that may hold some bass. Another spot is to hike down from Sunset Overlook and fish around the islands. I've caught some nice bass and smallies from there in the past.
[signature]
Last weekend the spot to fish was from Gov. Wash to the white channel marker buoy.
[signature]
Alright, I figured I should try govt wash again, I fished it in mid december with not one bite for 4 hours that night using live minnows., but I guess my that time of the year isnt so hot. I guess ill give it a shot again, I plan on getting there about 5 am, see how the morning is. Ill try live bait again, are you guys talking about the cove top right?

My picture wont load, but what I ment was, go doen govt wash road, and do you use the upper trail or lower trail?
[signature]
Lower road. Launch and go out to the right in to the main wash channel.

The Striper Club will be out this weekend for our monthly tournament. Stop and ask us questions.
[signature]