Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry ice off
Anybody know how strawberry is looking, I know there was some open water around ladders, has it started pulling away from the shore yet, hoping to go up in two weeks.
[signature]
ya buddy! Im not missing it this year
[signature]
Let me know when you two head up there, would , would love to join you
[signature]
Don't forget about me [Smile]
[signature]
That makes four of us ready for the berry's ICE OFF!!!
Let me know if you guys plan a trip.
[signature]
AND GAL! LOL
[signature]
Hey count me in I got 3 day weekend come the 25th [Smile]
[signature]
Im hoping to head up next saturday if its ready, I havent heard any reports though all are welcomed Im sure it will be packed if ice is coming off!
[signature]
Check with locals as edges might be melting in some areas, but still looks like mostly ice on Monday.

Good luck and have fun.

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/imagery....sID=262809

[inline Strawberry.jpg]
[signature]
Counting the days and tying bunny leech streamers.
[signature]
Don't forget Purple Showgirls, Tainted Hussy, and Gartside Softhackle.
I will be in Idaho next weekend, but when I get back, I will be hittin it.
[signature]
I've got enough showgirls to open a dance hall[laugh] Per usual I'm just trying to copy the flies you gave me last fall, one of which I think is the Tainted Hussy (white body with red bunny tail).

The problem with some of these fly names (Black Sex Dungeon; Barely Legal; Hussy; Showgirl, etc.) is you can't do a Google search for them at work without getting into trouble[blush]

We are thinking about heading up to the Idaho Fly Tying Expo -- especially if weather is good and we can fish on the way up.
[signature]
I have to leave here Thursday as my class is 1 to 5 Friday. Saturday I tie early. Might have to hit something on the way back.
Also for Strawberry, add some smaller ones too.
[signature]
Here's a few pictures how far it's open now. Be carefully dragging a big pontoon because on the parking lot side while walking down is really soft snow to the point you will sink to your knee's in area. If you can float in the small river part before the lake then cross to other side would be the best access for now.
[inline "Daybreak, bloody moon, current creek, ect 04 15 14 072.JPG"]
[inline "Daybreak, bloody moon, current creek, ect 04 15 14 073.JPG"]
[inline "Daybreak, bloody moon, current creek, ect 04 15 14 071.JPG"]
[signature]
Can you fish in there?
[signature]
I think so, just not the fenced canal..but I could be wrong.
[signature]
I bet you are right. I will wait a couple more weeks I think...LOL
[signature]
Yes it's really fishable. You could fit over 5 float tubes and be alright. I guess it's the size of willow pond right now or little bigger. I didn't fish it because I didn't have a float tube with me as well it was windy like no other. Wen't ice fishing at current creek and decided to stop by and take a few pictures just for your info on the condition.
[signature]
That was really nice of you FFL to take the time to check some of the lake. Thanks.
[signature]
No problem. It was on my way back and making plans for my self soon to head up there. I just hope that 1-2 ft of soft snow melts fast.

Other parts of strawberry are barely opening up where small creek run.

Give it by next month till all ice is gone because it's still 20-30" thick.
[signature]