Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hale area
hale area lakes have ice ..i seen a few guys on long lake and some of the privite lakes too ....some have been fishing the au sable river ..down river from 5 channels dam[Tongue]
[signature]
IS THAT NEW BRIDGE OPEN ? DO YOU KNOW IF THERE GETTING THE EYES ?
[signature]
Fred Trost reported on his show yesterday that there are a few lskes from mid mitten through the UP, that have ice, and then in the same breath stated that these lakes are the exception to existing weather conditions. and that these lakes should not be fully trusted just yet.

I was hopin to pull in another bass or two before the end of the season. o'well, such is the ice fishing seasons of south east MI...

I know the bass are hittin good right now. they usualy do just before christmas. I actualy think december is the best month for catchin bass.

any one have any thoughts on this?
[signature]
nope the new bridge isnt open yet. i think it will be about april.. as far as the eyes go ..thats what they are geting on long lake ..but i talked too a pal the other day and he said he was out on long lake ...for 4 hours .and never had a nibble..he told me there was 2 little eyes on the ice when he packed it up for the day....
[signature]
dave ..i think your right.........i have always done good before winter ....just before first ice for bass.... dont get a whole lot of them but the ones i do get are nice ones(for the north that is) i think you will be laughin your butt off at us up north ,when you move south..try fishing dale hollow ....hogs in that water
[signature]
I am actualy looking forward to hitting dale hallow, the cumberland, I will be about 45 miles from each of them. so I wont get to go every day, it would be nice to hit it half dozen days a year.

I will be living on a branch of the noth fork river, which is suspost to have some of the best trout fishing in Tenn. there are two distributaries (two branches) that come across my property, one across tho north section and one across the south section of my property.

if I hook in to that 8 million dollar bucket mouth I will fly every one down for a Bft event on a house boat on the cumberland [laugh] so we all can have a good laugh together.
[signature]
woow dave ..does that mean we have a place too stay.....i dont know about bucket mouths in dale hollow ..but i know its got alot of smallies
[signature]
yep I will put up a couple rustic guest shacks on the property.

U-bet ya on them smallies, dale hallow holds the world record for smallies. they do have bucket as well. they have their anual basmasters bucket mout tournament on dale hallow as well. I am hopin to get in to earn me a pay check.
[signature]
was that world record caught in tennesee or kentuky???
[signature]
Tennnesse

the lake is dale hallow.
[signature]
umm ok ..but isnt the lake on the border?[blush]
[signature]
there are a couple major rivers running in to dale hallow from KY.
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2036;][/center]
[signature]
the dark blue line is the state line.
[signature]
so the big red star..must be where the big sammlie was hooked?[Tongue]
[signature]
the hale lakes dont look too safe ..thinking babout geting my boat back out..what do you think????[crazy]
[signature]
yep, that is prety close.

you can see why a man would need a house boat to fish that lake. you could disapear on that lake for a week and still not fish the whole lake.
[signature]
well dang DAVE i cant wait for you too move..hahah[Tongue] iv wanted too fish that lake for years now i'll have a place too stay ..me and lonehunter.....
[signature]
I think the anual purce is 50 thou...

I will have to check on how to get in on the action. could use a payday...lol
[signature]
i know i'm changing the subgect just a hair , but did you guys see the tourney that u.s. cats is holding in monroe ???
MY OLD STOMPING GROUNDS !
i went to the website , and checked out the SPONSOR'S PRISES ! NICE STUFF !
it's in may , there's a sweet spot just south of there that holds monster cats that the guy dosen't show . the trenton powerplant , well along the breakwall is the spot there to hit . big channels in there .
[signature]
[url "http://www.catfishtournament.com"]http://www.catfishtournament.com[/url]

here's the link
[signature]