Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell - Trip report.
Had an awesome time out at Powell last weekend. We caught every species of fish, while we were targeting largemouth and smallmouth bass. Including walleye, crappie, stripers, and a trout!

Here is the picture of the trout I caught at Powell! It was 24" of a beast.
I've never heard of trout in Lake Powell, anyone else ever caught one?

[image]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZwwQ6AS7SA0/U0VS9Y1fTWI/AAAAAAAAAcc/fMlK0Pi6xUY/w539-h719-no/2014-04-05+14.24.24.jpg[/image]
Wow that fish has some beutifull colors on it, and yes trout have always been in the lake from what ive heard, make sense because the green river runs into it, i even think someone caught a 20+lber out of there at one point and time, sounds like you had a blast good job bud!
[signature]
Thanks man!
[signature]
Wow, beautiful fish. I had never heard of any trout caught out of Powell, but I guess it makes sense. What did you catch it on?
[signature]
Holy s---t bro! Nice trout! I didn't know trout were in there either. Well I guess I've only heard a bout stripers and other bass being caught along with your regular warm water fish. Nice trout 1s again! No bannana fingers in that pic! (As that seems like the def for holdin a fish to close to the camera). That fish is legit bro! Good job!
[signature]
I've been fishing Lake Powell at least once a year for over 20 years and our party has caught one (1) trout in all that time!

Nice report and thanks for sharing information on what was working for you.[Smile]
[signature]
That's a monster. I've never caught a trout out of there but dang nice colors for sure on it.
[signature]
Stripers love to eat trout. So a trout has to be above a few pounds to survive. This would make stocking very expensive. If we could find someone to bankrole stocking 3 pounders we would be set.
[signature]
Great Trout. Great adventure.
You Blog is great as well.
I'll be down there next week honoring 4 families whose fathers and sons were killed in action in Afghanistan. I'm hoping to provide them a fantastic trip like you and your father experienced.

[url "http://www.handinhandoutdoors.org"]http://www.handinhandoutdoors.org[/url]
[signature]
Before the stripers, trout were annually stocked into Powell and did pretty well…in fact, many pretty large rainbow trout were caught from Powell back in the day.

Besides rainbow trout and a few brown trout, lake trout are also occasionally caught from Powell...
[signature]
THere is a fishing shop in Page AZ that has several mounted bows and browns hanging around the shop, some were pushing 20 plus pounds and they were mostly old from the 70s and 80s
[signature]
Great looking fish! Nice work.[cool]
[signature]
The trout hit a bluegill imitation square bill crankbait,
[signature]
I had a feeling that the Aska was the culprit. I was just having a conversation with another member about how much trout like squarebills and lipless cranks. Those are some great fish, looks like an awesome trip.
[signature]
wow that is a beautiful fish. what a surprise coming from Powell
[signature]
I read something last year about trout still being caught mostly around Wahweap and in Arizona. I think the article mentioned when Utah used to stock rainbows the fish mostly ended up in Arizona.
Great looking rainbow.
[signature]