Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
saw tooth star
here's a sweet wrap that's almost finished, it's a saw tooth star wrap with a color change and it gives it a total different look. kinda like a sun burst.
[signature]
Wow, impressive wrap Chuck. What do you cover it with once it's done? How many hours did it take you to complete?
[signature]

thanks Curt, most of these closed wraps take me around 20 hours. I first use color preserver, 2 coats of it. then an epoxy called flex coat.
[signature]
Wow, that wrap sounds pretty labor intense.
Do local hobby shops carry the flex coat?
[signature]

I don't think it's in hobby shops. fish thec has it up on highland dr. and 8600 south. I think that's about the address. I order mine from mudhole.
[signature]
The reason I ask is because I've been using my wife's nail polish to coat the threads after i replace line guides and it does not seem to hold for long. Is there another product that works better for this job?
[signature]

the nail polish is too brittle it will crack and fall off after a while. there is a few different brands of epoxy out there. when they are applied the rod will have to be turning and then turn for around 8 hours so the epoxy can level it self out and dry. these epoxies are made to flex a little and not crack and not yellow up after a few years.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Chuck, now I know why the eyelet repair did not hold up. [crazy]
[signature]