Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upper weber
Fished all day between the reservoirs and fishing was slow. Caught only one small brown and had another one on before it shook the fly. I moved around and tried three different access points but still nothing. Has anyone else fished there lately and had success?
[signature]
I think with the stream access issue that place gets pounded...along with all the other rivers where access has been cut off, the well known access spots get heavy traffic.
[signature]
What area did you fish, between rockport and echo or above rockport
[signature]
I was between Rockport and echo.
[signature]
[quote STEVEF39]What area did you fish, between rockport and echo or above rockport[/quote]

Can you even access the river above Rockport, thought that was all private, but I haven't been up there in years.
[signature]
I would expand your horizons and get away from the heavily fished areas. If the standard stuff is not working there, they have seen way too much fake food. [pirate]
[signature]
Yeah I figured I just wasn't using the right stuff. With the nicer weather it's getting hard to find any access points that don't have multiple cars parked there already.
[signature]
I was up there yesterday and caught over 25. The water was dirty but I found some good clear water above a streàm coming into the river which was chocolate milk. Caught fish on dry emergers, but most were on zebra midges, scuds, San Juan's, And bwo nymphs. I've always thought of that section as the middle weeb so that's why I'm making sure.
[signature]
Always been the middle Weber to me also.
[signature]
Some limited walk-in-access on the Upper
http://wildlife.utah.gov/walkinaccess/pr...bwilde.php
Looks like a second access spot is coming a little further upstream as well on the another dwr map.
[signature]
Yeah it is the middle, don't know why I was thinking it was the upper, oh well. I guess I have some practicing to do because that's what I was using too.
[signature]
I didnt do very good until I found the clean water so I might have just been where you were at, None of my fish were big most were about 10-12 but its still fun
[signature]
Yeah the water was dark brown everywhere I tried. Some of those 10-12 inchers couldve definitely made the day a little better.
[signature]