Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Contest Results ... Finaly!
OK, sorry for the delay everybody! I've been super crazy with work and family... and a little walleye fishing mixed in...

But anyway the contest is officially over for the year (as of a few weeks ago...). AND ...drum-roll please... the winner of the main contest is Tazasorus with 119 inches of fish measured! The winner of the longest fish award was Kentd71 with his absolute slob of a 27 inch rainbow (see picture below)!

These two gentlemen both receive trophies. I'll let them post pictures of those if/when they want to. And (probably more importantly) Tazasorus, as the winner of the contest got to select the charity of his choice to receive the remainder of the contest entry money. So all the money that was left after buying the trophies was donated in his name to Big Brothers and Sisters!

Honorable mentions in the contest go to Fishman887, Curt69, Idahopanfish, and an anonymous donor who payed the entry fee to help with the charity funds but elected not to participate in the contest. Thanks guys!

Overall I think it was a successful contest. By my count we had 10 different species entered in the contest ranging from a 27 inch rainbow trout to a 3 inch sculpin! It would be nice to have more participants in the future, but it was still a lot of fun! Thanks guys!! Until next winter! ...unless somebody else wants to take the helm [Smile]

Here's some of my favorite entries, in no particular order:
[inline "001 (640x480).jpg"]
[inline "2-2-14 13.5 koke ririe.jpg"]
[inline "27 inch rainbow.jpg"]
[inline "049 (640x480).jpg"]
[inline 20131125_130138.jpg]
[inline "big fishes 003.JPG"]
[inline bluegill2.JPG]
[inline henrycutt.JPG]
[inline image.jpeg]
[inline sculpin.jpg]
[inline Sucker.jpeg]
[signature]
Thanks for doing all the work again this year. I always think I'm going to participate but with my son being a freshman and wrestling all winter I doubt I will be competitive for a while.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for doing all the work again .
[signature]
Thanks for putting in the time to organize and keep score! Looking forward to next year.
[signature]
Congrats to all the contestants and entries. Some fish icing action. That chub looks sick, no I mean it REALLY looks sick!

Good on ya putting the contest together. Wish I'd had more hard-deck action myself this year, but Sadly sometimes crazy life gets in the way of crazy fishing. There's always next year!

Always enjoy seeing how well every one else is doing. Kudos to all, and for all the generous donations to a great cause.
Thanks for all you did and the honerable mention. Looking forward to next year and "more ice".
[signature]