Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minn Kota electric motor troubleshootin?
I'll give that a try. I remember testing it when I first had the problem but that was after it had been on the charger for a while. This time I'll check it before I turn it on and watch it to see what it does. Maybe when I checked it, the charge was so little that I did not notice it. I've been using another trickle charger, that has a gauge that gives me a better indication when its charged. Problem is it is too big to leave on the boat. Hopefully I just was not using it right
[signature]
MinnKota Battery Chargers
[url "http://store.minnkotamotors.com/media/document/2377161_ra_english_mk110d330d_manual_100707.pdf"]http://store.minnkotamotors.com/...0d_manual_100707.pdf[/url]
Stage 1: Bulk Mode
During this stage, the charger delivers full current until the battery reaches ~75% charge. A YELLOW light is lit for each bank to indi
cate the battery is charging in the Bulk Mode.
Stage 2: Absorption Mode
The charging current tapers down while the battery voltage is held at 14.4V at 77°F. A flashing YELLOW light is lit for each bank to
indicate the battery is charging in the Absorption Mode.
Stage 3: Maintenance Mode
When the battery reaches full charge, the charger voltage is dropped to 13.4V at 77°F. A flashing GREEN light is lit for each bank to
indicate the battery is in Maintenance Mode and ready to use. After 24 hours, the charger automatically turns off and a GREEN light is
lit for each bank to indicate the battery is in long [font "ArialMT"][size 1][font "ArialMT"][size 1]
term Maintenance Mode and ready to use. The charger will automatically turn on
when the battery voltage drops below 12.6V.
[/size][/font][/size][/font]

Error Conditions:
1) A RED light for each bank is lit if any of the following apply:
a) No battery is connected to an output cord. This may also indicate a blown fuse in the fuse holder.
b) The battery is connected reverse polarity.
c) A short circuit.
d) The battery voltage is below 4 volts. The bank will not charge a battery in this condition. (see note below)
e) The battery voltage is above 18 volts. The bank will not charge a battery in this condition.
2) A flashing RED light is lit for each bank if there is a damaged temperature sensor on the output cord. The bank will not operate if
this occurs.
3) Flashing RED and GREEN lights are lit for each bank if any of the following apply:
a) The battery voltage does not rise above 10.5V after 3 hours. The battery may be damaged and will not be charged.
b) Charging in Bulk Mode exceeds 20 hours. The battery may be damaged and will not be charged
[signature]
Update:

I bought a 60 amp circuit breaker, removed my old 40 amp circuit breaker, hooked up the new one and it fixed my problem! I can now run my motor at 100% without it ever turning off. Thanks for all your input!
[signature]