Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Trout In Flaming Gorge
In the year 2008 the DWR stocked 22,000 Tiger trout in Flaming Gorge, has anyone caught any ?
[signature]
Yes, the lake trout caught them and ate them. They were stocked to control the burbot, ( they were leftovers from somewhere ). How is THAT working out ??? Enjoy the golden years of the Gorge boys...especialy the Kokanee fishery.
[signature]
I don't know one person who has caught one in Flaming Gorge. That's why I asked the question. Did the Lake trout eat all 22,000 ?
[signature]
[quote Beautiful-Fish]I don't know one person who has caught one in Flaming Gorge. That's why I asked the question. Did the Lake trout eat all 22,000 ?[/quote]Yes. Well, the bass and other predators ate some too. Kind of like the 75,000 brook trout in Yuba.
[signature]
[#484848]Illustration ........[/#484848]
[signature]
I believe you just made my day WW!
[signature]
One of my good friends caught a decent sized one a few years ago. You just have to remember how HUGE that lake is and that tigers dont naturally reproduce so its like shooting a needle in a haystack blindfolded [pirate] BUT there might still be a few lurking around in there. Better chance of getting a 30lb laker IMHO.
[signature]
Haha, nice. That is what it looks like in the cabelas tank at 6pm on Saturdays when they dump a bunch of goldfish into a tank full of 10 pound trout.
[signature]
Yea ! someone caught one, this is big news ! The 22,000 might be in there after all. Just full of tasty burbot .
[signature]