Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One last call for Gorge reports...
Got some good info from Ryno and Jim, anyone been up this week? Targeting Rainbows with jigs, I have a few spots that I hit, just seeing if there was any other good info out there, thanks! Leaving in the a.m.
[signature]
Good luck, hope you find them... If you find time check the kokes and let us know if they are getting any closer to a sure thing... not that fishing is ever a sure thing for me, but you know what I mean... Later J
[signature]
Did you get or have any of those Amber Pepper Purple Flake tubes from Bass Pro?
[signature]
Got some today!
[signature]
Let me know how they do for you compared to all the other colors in your arsenal, be aggressive with them as well with your jigging action, rip, let fall on taut line for 3-4 seconds and rip again until your line is back to the boat......DEADLY!
[signature]
Will do... Will be throwing those, black, white, pumpkin...see how it goes.
[signature]
Good Luck
[signature]
23 today, nothing too big...pumpkin jig with worm. Hopefully a better report tomorrow
[signature]
And did you try the Amber? How bad was the wind today? Tomorrow supposed to be 22 mph. [:/]
[signature]
Caught a few on the Amber, fairly windy, tucked back into some of the bays and it was not bad, sunny and warm at least.
[signature]
I was up there a few days ago too. Jigs were working decently well, but a silver Kastmaster outfished everything esle like 3:1. Just some food for thought. Good luck!
[signature]
Good info thanks, you fish utah or wyo.?
[signature]
Utah this last week.
[signature]
Good luck. Get some fishing in before the storm brings rain and probable snow.
[signature]
Back in town Paul, I am very glad we changed plans and went Fri-Sat instead if Sat-Sun... Fishing was good, not a lot of big spawners but a lot of fish, I landed 33 and my buddy landed 11, lots of LDR's and plenty of bites. Fished from Jarvies to Sheep Creek, basically fishing all the coves, rocky points, tributaries. Water is still very clear except for the very back of Sheep and Carter Creek. I think almost every fish came on a 3" Pumkin/Pepper jig with 1/4 oz head.

Weather Friday was great, today was a bit cloudy with rain and wind at times, fishing was still ok, left a bit early to beat the storm.
[signature]
Wow Remo 1/4 oz? You like throwing the big stuff huh? We usually use 1/16 oz. tubes or 'bous and if they're deep or there's lots of wind will move to the big 'ole 1/8 oz.[sly]
Nice 'bows and looks like you had a good trip despite the weather.
[signature]
I was as sheep creek Apr 2 and was catching them on a fly and bubble in 5 ft of water.
Be there Monday hope the weather is good.
I think I have some Pumkin/Pepper jig with 1/4 oz head..
and the other one you were told to use.( Amber Pepper Purple Flake )
going after lake trout and Koks In the mornings and Rainbows in the afternoon are when the wind comes up
[signature]
He's using a 1/8 oz jig to bump the bows on the head telling them he's back [Wink].
[signature]
Glad you had good fishing Mike. We always get a few reports of the epic waves or blizzard someone barely survives when they ignore predicted storms. I should have known better than to think there even be a chance you'd ignore the weather. These dang storms keep hitting on the few days I have plans to fish lately [Sad] and haven't been out for some time now.
[signature]
I'll be back up there the end of May, a buddy is coming in for 3 days and wants to fish the Green below the dam, who am I to argue….plus I can drink whiskey and smoke cigars all day and most likely get a cookie cutter brown or bow' [Tongue]
[signature]