Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
winter bowhunting
wel here it is middle of december and we finally have some decent snow to hunt in . rifle season has come and gone without a deserving buck to be seen , mussle loading season is just about over . time to whip out the bow .

i'm heading out this morning , hopefully the deer will bed down early enough to minimise tracking distance . i'm going to be on the first set of tracks like a bloodhound , without the barking of course .

one thing i did notice while scouting this week was that the deer have not hearded up yet , thats a little strange for this time of year but it works to my advantage .

hopefully i will have a pic of bullWinkle to post later , or a bad case of frostbite , lol ! it's cold out !
[signature]
PERFECT SNOW FOR STALKING IN , NO WIND OR BREEZE TO GIVE ME AWAY , I SAW A TOTAL OF NINE DEER , I GOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO TWO TO GET A SHOT BUT DIDN'T EVEN DRAW ON THE LITTLE FELLAS , BARLEY OUT OF THERE SPOTS .
I HAD A LITTLE BREAK IN THE AFTERNOON , SLEPT LIKE A BABY IN A HOLLOWED OUT TREE STUMP . I WAS AWAKENED BY SOME STOMPING AND HISS/SNORTING FROM A BIG DOE ABOUT FIFTEEN FEET FROM ME . MAN THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A PEACEFULL NAP IN THE WOODS .
BESIDES A FEW SQUIRLS ONE BOBCAT AND A GREY FOX WERE SPOTTED .
ALL IN ALL NOT A BAD DAY AT ALL .
[signature]