Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell report
We fished Good Hope Bay area April 30 - May 3. It was super tough fishing contrary to Wayne's last report, and it sounded like it was that way for everyone we talked to. We fished Good Hope Bay, Knowles, Forgotton, Cedar Canyon, etc. but the fishing remained the same...slow! Between the two of us we boated about 20 fish and they were all small. It seemed that if you didn't have a worm on your hook you weren't getting any action. It was disappointing but we had a ton of fun and most importantly we made it back safe and everything mechanical worked properly! I think the cold front the week before really put a hurt on the fishing. I'd probably give it a week or two of good solid weather before I'd go down. I learned my lesson.
[signature]
I was in the area May 1-3 as well. Fishing for bass was pretty tough for us also. Like you mentioned, most folks we chatted with were having a bit of a rough time. We caught a fair amount of fish and caught about everything in the lake--lmb, smb, walleye, stripers, catfish, bluegills and a bunch of very nice crappies.

The nice crappies salvaged the trip for me. Made up for the otherwise slow action.
[signature]
Yeah we were pretty bummed but once we found out everyone was struggling we didn't feel too bad. We were like you, we caught 6 species, but no crappie: (
[signature]