Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
one that got away
here a resent story that happened to me here in utah we had a BFT get together for some icefishing this was at a lake called lost creek know for fast action but small fish and thats what just was going on caught over 40 fish most in the 8"-10" size rainbows and cutthrouts trout so i get a bite and set the hook my drag starts screaming getting everybodys notice i could feel the weight on this fish and tell it was no dink got my first look after about 10 min. a HUGE rainbow a couple of other people standing around start yelling things like its a #$%#@! monster made a 27" cutt i caught this year look like a dink anywho a bunch more people come running over all of a sudden you hear CRACK from the ice that sent everbody running the other way this fish made several more runs got it to the hole 3 times wish i could say i landed him and had a picture to show but it was not to be just could not get his head turned up with 4# mono a guess to size was about 28" and 10# for me probaly a once in a life time fish
[signature]
i betcha he's still there waiting for you ![Wink]
i saw the pic , what a blast you musta had , wish i was there to heckle , uh , cheer you on with the rest of the guys .
[signature]