Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What an upsetting NFL weekend!
[size 2] Eagles lost, Colts lost, Kansas City lost. I lost alot of money this weekend[unsure][/size]

[size 2] But Rams won and get homefield advantage through playoffs. Remember there 14-0 at home right now[Wink][/size]

[size 2] And what about Denver! Return of Plummer. Portis out but you couldn't tell by the way the blew out the Colts.[/size]

[size 2] It's going to be a good playoffs! GO RAMS! I still think they will be in Superbowl![/size]
[signature]
I was pretty pissed off I missed the game. I thought it was on in the afternoon but it wasn't on T.V. Then, not until late I found out it was on ESPN night game. Oh, well I'm glad we won! I believe Denver got like 227 yards rushing or something like that! Not bad for having Portis out of the game!! Anyway, did anyone see that last part of the New Orleans game? UNBELIEVABLE!!! That last 7 second play for the touchdown was awesome!! Then, also unbelievable, they lost because the stupid kicker dinked it off to the right and missed the extra point by about 6 miles! Crazy.
[signature]
[size 2]I heard it was like 75 yards! What an arm! I missed alot of games do to my annivesary yesterday, or I got bits and pieces.[/size]

[size 2] Oh well. 1 game left in regular season then it's crunchtime!
( PLAYOFFS![sly] )[/size]
[signature]
The Broncos finished up the game with :

Rushing: 227 yards Passing: 238 yards

31 -17 win on the road in Indianapolis.

Bring on the Packers!!!!!
[signature]
[size 2]Speaking of the Packers. Brett's Dad died over the weekend. Everyone is wondering if he will play tonight. [/size]

[size 2] If I was on that team I wouldn't want him to play. If my Dad died I would feel much of doing anything[unsure][/size]
[signature]
Yeah, I just read about that. Too bad for him. I wouldn't feel like playing much either, specially since football is obviously a connection he had with his dad, since his dad was his high school football coach.
[signature]
I just heard on the radio that Favre announced to his team mates that he WILL play tonight. Talk about the heart of a lion or I guess in this case packer..
[signature]
Well, I imagine one of two things will happen tonight then:

1) Favre will go out there tonight and have one of the best games of his life -- sort of a tribute or a tribute to his late father...

OR

2) He'll be so distraught he can't think straight and will make plenty of mental errors, just making the day worse for him.

For Favre's sake, I hope it's #1, although I also kinda hope the Packers lose so that they'll be in a downward spin when Denver meets them next Sunday.
[signature]
I'm hoping Green Bay is up for next weeks game. That way we can have a challenge. Don't want to go into the playoffs with a let down game. Just think, Denver goes to Indy for first round if the season ended today. Portis healthy, Griffin the Big Man running wild. Same two teams same end result. Hope Tennessee wins next week so the Broncos don't have to go Baltimore for the first round. They seem to have our number, especially in the playoffs.

Do you think Sean Salisbury from ESPN feels like fool right about now. He said "Without Portis, Broncos will lose next two games, starting in Indy, and will miss the the playoffs." How about some mayo with your CROW sandwich you idiot!!!!!
[signature]
[size 2]I am with you 100% on this. I think he will go out and play his heart out because that's what his Dad would of wanted[angelic][/size]

[size 2]I always liked Favre. He's a trooper and a damn good quaterback...Even though he plays for Green Bay[Tongue][/size]
[signature]
I am a die hard Saints fan, and was majorly heart broke to see Carney shank that punt. Where is the justice????
[signature]
Looks like Favre did exactly that. That guy played his heart out -- what an amazing game!!! He passed for 399 yards and I'm not sure how many touchdown passes he threw, but that had to be one of the best games Favre has ever had. Man Sean's poor Raiders got stomped on!

Crestliner that's right man. We are definitely the HOTTEST team in the league right now!! 227 yards rushing WITHOUT Portis!!! Sunday is going to be the best game on T.V. that day -- Denver at Green Bay! Lookout packers, this is not gonna be pretty!
[signature]
They're still scraping the Raiders off of Brett Favre's shoe. I knew when they announced Brett Favre's Dad had passed away something like that was going to happen. The Packers sure did seem to have a higher source working in ther favor.

I think the Raiders played with a lot of class. I saw a couple of times they could of hit him hard and clean and just pulled up instead. But, the way they played was like watching big kids play against little kids Even in triple coverage they were helpless to stop Jevon Walker and Brett Favre.

I know Brett Favre is going through the hardest part of this right now. I wish all the best to his family. He is a class act.
[signature]
Hopefully the higher power leaves them to their own devices come next Sunday, or they'll be a few Broncos stuck on that shoe along with the Raiders!
[signature]
I hear ya catman. I think this has all the makings for the game of the week. Both teams need the win like nobodys business. Just hope its a good close matchup.. [Smile]

ps and to think some pre-season critics thought Farve was done, washed up, over the hill, etc. I bet those critics are having a hard time saying much now with their foots crammed half-way down their throats..[laugh]
[signature]