Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle Valley Memorial Day Weekend
My buddies and I went up to Eagle Valley this weekend. We caught a boat load of stocker rainbows. I caught 114, my buddies caught another 102 between the two of them. Threw them all back except for 3 that we cooked for dinner Saturday night. I also caught a 14" 1.5lbs Brown trout trolling an ac plug just before nightfall. I don't know what he was thinking, the lure was almost as big as him.

After that many trout, we decided to try bass fishing. We caught 5 including this nice 4 1/2 pounder. 17 1/5" and fat! Before this trip I never seen a large mouth bass at eagle valley. Just heard stories. Now we know there are decent ones lurking! The guy that caught it had never caught a large mouth bass before. He was bummed because we I caught a few. Then he reeled this one in. Nice first bass!. Smile the other 4 ranged from 1lbs to just over 1.5lbs. Fun weekend! Smile
[signature]
Awesome! I need to make it up there. Been 3-4 years since the last time and I didn't have a boat back then.
[signature]
If you don't mind my asking; could you please tell us what bait you were using to be able to catch 216 trout? [bobhappy]

I never suspected to do that well with dynamite let alone legal methods[fishon]
[signature]
I was using tutti frutti garlic scented salmon eggs Carolina rigged on one rod and I was using a 1/8oz bright orange and black Panther Martin spinner on the other. My buddies were using bright green sparkle and bright orange sparkle power balls. They seemed to be blowing up anything with the color orange in it. There was a time when I literally casted out 10 times with my spinner and caught 10 fish in a row. It was insane. We always do pretty good at eagle valley but this was by far the best year we've had.

For the bass, I caught mine off of a 6" dark blue and black curly tail zoom worm Texas rigged. The big one was caught off of a 9" bps tournament series green and white curly tail wormTexas rigged.
[signature]
Could you say what area of the lake you were in when you were catching bass. I will be at Eagle Valley in a week and a half I will have my boat. I am focusing on bass. After seeing your pictures I am really stoked now!
Cacoon
[signature]
The big one was kinda in the middle right next to a tree that was over hanging into the lake. We caught 1 in the weeds right there as well. The rest were in the far back part in about 2 1/2 feet of water right up against the face of a big rock. We pulled two back to back against the rock wall.
[signature]
Thanks for the intel, I will report back once I am done. I am excited.
Cacoon
[signature]
I was looking in the current fishing regulations and it doesn't have any limits listed for Bass at Eagle Valley. Do they have limits posted there? Are they the same as Echo Canyon with 15 warmwater 10 of which can be Bass?
Cacoon
[signature]
I'm not too sure what the limits are for bass. I would assume the same at echo canyon. I never really bothered checking as I had never had luck catching bass. On another note, there was a guy at echo canyon pulling bass after bass out of echo canyon. Smaller ones. About 1lb or so. But he was catching them one after another and tossing them in a bucket. He said they were good to eat. I've always caught lmb for sport and toss them back. Never thought about eating them before.
[signature]
Nice job on the Bass Frank--- I've gotten several just off the rock wall and along that bank,shore only as I have no boat.I'm going up next week and was hoping for a little more info.When you said 'the middle by the tree" were you in the middle of the water from bank to bank? Or did you mean the middle of the reservoir from launch to end? I've been told the end furthest away from the entrance is more "bassy" but I haven's tried there yet..Also it seems the fish "turn on and off' just before sundown.I've caught bass on consecutive casts but once they shut off I can't do anything.I used to catch only trout,but one morning I thought I saw a bass hitting bait at the surface near the dam.I caught a few (pictures are in a previous post)but only 2-3 #'s and I'm hoping to get a PB this trip.Any info helps and thanks!
[signature]
We caught the big one from shore. In the middle of the lake I mean middle from the launch ramp to the back end. On the attached picture, the first arrow is where we caught a couple from shore. It was right by the real steep pathway that goes from the top of the road down to the lake. About 20 yards west of that, there's a tree that the branches are overhanging into the lake. There were plenty of bass right there. That's where the 4 1/2 lb bass was caught. Just casting right along the shore into the weeds. The second arrow is the high rock wall we were casting against. It'd not accessible without a boat though.
[signature]
We spent Thursday afternoon on Eagle Valley on the boat. We did catch a handful of rainbows on power bait. We were unsuccessful with the Bass. According to the locals a lot of bass is being caught out of Eagle Valley. On Friday we fished from the bank at Echo Canyon. We caught the bass! I wish I was able to get my boat on that little reservoir. I was using a yamasinko bright red worm and a weedless hook. The dark colored worm they were not interested in at all.
Cacoon
[signature]
Nice catch!! I've never caught a bass itt of echo but I know there's tons in there. I tried a few different senkos there last time out with no success.
[signature]
Sorry it took so long to report.I fished Eagle the 10th and 11th and took many LMB but all small---1-11/2 lbs,and one feisty little brown.It was very windy and the fish seemed to quickly tire of a presentation and were then on to something different.I took fish on plastics,Deep diving cranks,shallow cranks,spinners,and jigs(the locals also told me to use crawlers but I wanted to work on artificials).After catching one ot two they wouldn't touch what I was throwing so I'd change it up.I fished the shore from the overhanging tree to the rockwall and even took one near the dam.The locals told me that a 6lber was recently taken there but I couldn't get close enough to the reeds.I fished Echo for a couple of hours and took a couple there also but it was more the stocker rainbows.I hope to get back up there later in the summer and will report again----still looking for a new personal best.
[signature]