Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parker, AZ
My grandson and I went the opposite direction for a couple of days this weekend to Parker, AZ. We were hoping to catch some of those big redear sunfish before it gets too hot. We fished some backwater of the Colorado River, and we did catch some sunfish up to about a pound. We also caught a few bass scattered around. It was just fun to get out with my grandson and watch him enjoying fishing. Also enjoyed the reports on the fishing results from others this weekend.
[signature]
Good job finding some fish!

I've been meaning to head south for several years now. Still haven't. Really it only comes down to one thing... Finding a camp ground. Online wise it is kicking my tail. Almost all of them listed are RV oriented. Finding one for tent camping with spots big enough for a truck and trailer is what is getting me. (I don't want to stay in a hotel and be away from the boat since locker storage on mine is sooooo easy to break in and it would be a PITA to have to completely unload the boat to a room.) Plus no quite hours so I can run a generator all night to charge the boat TM batteries.

When I find a spot like that I am in for a Havasu weekend trip!!!
[signature]
You can free camp north of the Lake Havasu town limits off the US 93. Also free dry camp off the US 95 just inside the AZ border at the Topock Needles road. There is camping on the California side off Neeldes Highway ...say Big Bend of the Colorado State Recreational Area....Too hot for outside camping for me now.

Overall, camping is hard to find. I looked all along the AZ side by Fort Mohave and Bullhead City.
[signature]
Agree, too hot now. Was thinking more towards the earlier part of the year and the spawn to make a trip that way someday.
[signature]