Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willow beach question?
Gonna be renting a boat at willow beach around mid June. I understand at those temps the stripers will be around 30'-35' based off of online information.

Never fished in nevada before except twice on lake mead from the shore, any tackle sugestions?
Hoping I can get some info from experienced anglers in that area so I can hopefully not waste a day on the water.

Or other fish in those waters that I could shoot for?

Thanks in advance.
[signature]
try the AC Plugs forum. Striper fishermen who fish Mohave often post there plus lots of discussion

http://acplugs.com/
[signature]
Willow Beach National Fish Hatchery stopped stocking trout back in November (trout hatchery shut down) so I wouldn't plan on trout fishing.

Since the trout are gone, I wouldn't plan on big striper fishing. I've caught a couple of 20#ers since November down there, but the big striper fishing is tough now without trout stockings.

There are carp, LOL, or you could target small stripers (1-5#) with chovies or small lures. I used to catch a lot of dink stripers soaking bait at night right around Willow, even the occasional 10#er on chovies.

Running down to Mohave for LMB or smallies is an option, but that's a 10 mile run to get to where the lake warms up. If the wind kicks up from the south, that 10 mile stretch of water could be pretty nasty, down right dangerous if the winds are strong and steady, sooo,,, check the wind report before heading out onto Mohave.

Oh yeah, for the water temps, Willow Beach maintains the same water temp all year since the water comes from the bottom of Mead, around 56*, maybe a touch warmer during the afternoon.
[signature]
i think i am gonna try and just get a boat up on the lake...
it's a bday gift so pickers can't be choosers but i would prefer to go out on lake mead.
[signature]