Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compliments of fishandsave.com with a side of Insult
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]I bought close to $200 worth of fishing stuff from fishandsave.com for our church kids. And they sent these damaged, missing, and defective items.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]I asked the company to send return label or refund my money but what I got from "Dave" was "we are researching for return label".[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]And after several days later and partial refund, these is what Dave had to say, "pass us up next time... bitter Angry man".[/font]
[signature]
Sounds like a place to avoid. Sorry your pics didn't attach.
[signature]
Upon receiving this complaint we responded within 48 hours. We found out; The line, which was described as damaged packaging & deeply discounted (somehow several were missing out of the packaging) and the combo was damaged in shipping. We offered a full refund!!

Then there suddenly was a problem with a previous order, I refunded that portion of that order, but he wanted a full refund on that order too. So we send a return label & upon receipt we would issue the refund. He has now slandering us on various forums, turned us into the BBB (they've read the entire communications & are laughing) then calls me a racist... ***This guy is donating these items to the church?? ***

We have been selling closeout fishing tackle/related items for close to 20 years & have a simple goal, your satisfaction!!

We will gladly offer anyone that wants to try our service free shipping on ANY order, please use code
[font "Verdana"][size 2]P978Y9G[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]
[/size][/font]
Bottom line, if you're not happy either are we, but if you're like Henry Oh & want everything for NOTHING & you are trying to scam us go somewhere else...

BTW, we donate a large amount to local charities locally. Henry Oh never asked for a donation.
[signature]
As moderators and administrators of BFT we always try to make new members feel welcome but I'm sure you are aware that no one can please everyone all the time. We are now hearing/reading the other side of the story and I'm sure albinotrout will agree
that he would never judge a company by one unhappy customer. I have friends that have bought items from your company and were fully satisfied. Keeping a business running and in good standing is at times a hard path to follow and we are glad to see that you are doing your best to keep your company on good terms with the fishing community. Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed.
WH2
[signature]
I very seldom order fishing stuff online anymore unless it is something specialized that I cannot get locally. So worry not I most likely won't order anything from you any time soon. Nice to see you have come here to give us the other side of the story.
[signature]
The customer, Henry Oh, saw an opportunity to take advantage of the situation. He has received a full refund on everything in question, still has the items & still he's upset we won't issue a refund on items (expensive combo's) he never complained about. He has a return label, but choose to slander us, keep the items, turn us into the BBB instead!! I wonder what church he attends?
[signature]
$410.98 of my money must be nothing for Mr. Dave McCombs of fishandsave.com. That’s how much I’ve spent up to date with his company.
Beware. His lip service of “You’ve been a great customer for sometime” and “100% Customer Satisfaction” might turn into “Bitter old men” and “Pass us next time” if you ask him for refund or return label.
His words, “Please keep the product in question. We are issuing a full refund!! How about that service…. Dave”, has no value whatsoever. He still has $68.97 of my money.
His take on BBB, “We were board members of our local BBB, but it was a complete waste of time.” My pop used to say, “It’s wasted if you waste it.”
At least something good will come out of this. He’ll be in his best behavior for some time and he’ll try to compensate. He’s already offering free shipping to turn around his bad publicity. It’s a good start.
Thanks goes to the moderators for keeping up this post. He threatened them and other forums trying to hide his true colors. He succeeded with couple of them but here, it’s up.

Bless you and see you on the water.
fishandsave.com has treated me right over the years. I've probably ordered from them a dozen times in the last 5 years. I've encountered no problems with the products ordered. Read the product description and you won't be disappointed. I wouldn't go there to buy an expensive combo but I wouldn't do that with any online store. I want to put my hands on it and inspect every wrap before I buy. But if you know what your ordering and pay attention to the product description it's a great place to save a couple bucks. BTW fintuna - if someone jumps on BFT for the first time to just complain about something they are usually just ignored. You need to be a active member and contribute before your opinion will be respected. Hope to be reading some of your fishing reports in the future.
Good luck and tight lines!

Rod
[quote AverysAdventure] BTW fintuna - if someone jumps on BFT for the first time to just complain about something they are usually just ignored. You need to be a active member and contribute before your opinion will be respected. Hope to be reading some of your fishing reports in the future.
Good luck and tight lines!

Rod[/quote]
I totally agree Rod, I hold little respect for any member that uses this or any other forum to complain and has never contributed to it, in any way prior. Seems to me to be very un Christ like. It is difficult to be a company that has never had some problems because there are so many people involved and any one of them down the chain, from the order taker to the person shipping the item, could make a mistake. Given this members own statement that he spent $410.98 and all but $68.97 was returned and he kept the items, goes to show that you can't please everyone, no matter what you do. One of the saying that has been around for years is, "What would Christ do", this, IMO is not what Christ would do. Berating a company that has gone over and above what is fair shows a lack of class imo.[Sad]
[signature]
We have been in business for a couple decades. We have compiled over 50,000 customers. We offer over 5,000 closeout items, offer free shipping, guaranty our customers satisfaction. This customer originally stated he was a reseller & these items couldn't be sold, but now he's using slanderous tactics and now these items become donations to the church??? What church supports this behavior Mr. Oh?

The facts;
We've issued a full refund on the order in question, $90.95.
We've issued credit on the previous order that had items you had issue, $22.48.
You've ordered $410.98 worth of product over the last year.
You've been credited $112.93 & kept the items!!
Now you want full credit on 3 expensive combo's you never had issue with, but won't send them back?
You have a return label (pre-paid).
You refuse to return the $68.97 in combo's for the full credit.
You have slandered us on many forums.
You turned us in to the BBB & this case is now closed, since you refused to send the remaining items in for FULL credit. With over 50,000 customers over the past 18 years, yours is the only complaint with the BBB. Do the math. (The BBB still list us as a grade A.)

Thank you for the press... Many have taken advantage of our over for free shipping;

Promo Code;
[font "Verdana"][size 2]PHJ4492[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]expired 8/15/2014[/size][/font]
[signature]