Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Mysis Shrimp in Utah?
Just got back from the Blue River an hour west of Denver and caught the biggest rainbows of my life on mysis shrimp patterns. The Blue is smaller than the Provo, running very high right now at 1100 cfs (normally around 100) but these fish get huge feeding on the shrimp that get flushed out of Dillon Reservoir.
I've never heard of mysis in Utah. Are there any lakes with them? I can only imagine how big our trout could get with a good consistent feed. No more stunted trout.
Has there ever been a push to introduce them here? I know the shrimp compete with kokanee in some lakes but how about in Jordanelle and DC?
[signature]
Here's some photos of the fish.

Can someone direct me to the post that tells you how to load pictures inline?
[signature]
I don't think there are any in UT, but I could be wrong, maybe someone will correct me.

next time your out there fish the Taylor
[signature]
I have only heard of them in the Blue and Taylor rivers in Co. Never heard of them here, but they do grow BIG fish……Nice job.
[signature]
I think they're in some Wyoming and Idaho waters as well. I believe they are an AIS and not native to these places.
[signature]
damn, nice bows there!! Probably quite the fight im sure
[signature]
Here's some info from another forum.

http://utahonthefly.com/forums/index.php...hrimp.239/
[signature]
Bravo Troutman, I didn't know you went to UOTF.
[signature]
Yeah I poke around there sometimes. It just gets slow on there so I mainly stick to BFT. But there is some good info on there!
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]I have only heard of them in the Blue and Taylor rivers in Co. Never heard of them here, but they do grow BIG fish……Nice job.[/quote]

There are a few more sleepy spots with them, but even those are beginning to show signs of tons of people
[signature]
And all with Utah plates[Smile]
[signature]