Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday 5/27 at Lake Mead
We launched from Boulder Harbor about 2:00PM in moderate wind. There remains about 4.5 ft over the harbor entry bar if you stay in the dredged channel. Be careful loading your rig; we saw one guy who destroyed his prop at the launch ramp.

Went down by the dam and fished the walls. First 2 hours merely huddling in what shade there was was all we did. Once shade set up on the west walls a bit, I went over there and drop shotted and threw a weighted grub and a Flapping Hog. Julie was throwing a Senko at times. Around 5:30, Caught a largemouth about 3 lbs right near the wall with the 36v. TM set on 60% and boats going by close.

With all the wakes and rebound off the walls I lost directional control of the Skeeter and Julie caught her line in the Trolling motor which meant a quick ride back to shore to clear the foul around the TM prop; her first time doing that.. After that, back to the walls and I caught 3 more dinks. Julie robbed the nursery for one smallie.

Once the winds slacked about 6:00PM the bite ended for us. Water temps while stationary ...about 70° while running 69°. Ended the evening over by the Pigpen; got some nibbles, but nothing there came in the boat.
[signature]
That's a good bass there. Thanks for reporting. Shade is a premium product out there, i know it. [Smile]
[signature]