Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch ramps on mead
Looks like we only have about 2-3 weeks left of launching at echo at the rate the lake is draining. I talked to a ndow officer on sat on the dock and he says they wont extend the ramps with the water drop this time. He's not sure why but no more concrete will be poured this year.
The end of ramp is only 20' from waters edge and only 3' deep. only 3-5' from end of ramp is around 13-16' deep so even if they wanted to extend it they would only get a few more feet out of it.
This really sucks for people like me with a little boat and little motor. It would take me 3+ hours to drive to echo from calville and it better not get nasty or Im in for a terrible day. The guy also said the low water ramp at calvile is only good til 1080' and I know boulder is almost done but they might dredge the cut again and the ramp at lake mead marina is half closed and cant have far to go either.
So what the hell are we supposed to do when the water falls below all our ramps? Where is all the water going? Where is all the money for stickers and entry fees going? Looks like longer trips to Mohave and that lake is already crowded... DAMN!!!
They are predicting 1080 by November and 1068 next june. The damn lake will be closed to boats?!?!?!
[signature]
Go to Powell. That's what I am doing.
[signature]
Ya when I go to utah I like to gain elevation and lose degrees. Trout fishin and dirt road beer drinkin. Love me some utah!!!
[signature]