Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard with WH2
WH2 and I hit willard this morning bright and early. I was looking forward to this trip with Curt for I have fished the Bay many times with no success. So today I have to say SUCCESS!!!!! Curt knows that lake.....

I learned some tricks that I have never used before and will work them into my repertoire.

Between the two of us we caught 11 fish. I did have a feisty fish on that I didn't quite get to the boat but it fought hard. Gotta think it may have been a wiper. One can hope at least.

Curts total:
2 wiper
3 walleye
1 catfish

My total:
4 walleye
1 catfish

The day was spent trolling different presentations from cranks to worm harnesses bottom bounced.

Here are a couple of pics. Didn't take pics of all the fish but they were all about the same size. And a couple of the eyes and the cats were all invited home for dinner.

[inline willardwalleye-400.jpg]
[inline willardchannelcat-400.jpg]
[signature]
Good work
[signature]
Thanks...[Smile]
[signature]
that curts a pretty good guy. he's a real ambasSador for Willard.[Wink]
[signature]
Looks like a good day! Its always nice to have success at a place that has beaten you in the past. I have never fished Willard. It is on my list. Nice fish!
[signature]
Yes Willard was good to me today. Largest walleye for me to date.
[signature]
It was great to get out with Curt and learn some new. Tricks for that water.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day out on the Bay. Curt really does know how to fish Willard.
[signature]
Very nice. Coulda got him to drag you around in your toon, who knows WHAT might have bit THAT bait!

Location and ability to get there, big pluses. I think the best lesson I learned (sounds simple right?) was to FEED the fish. Think I realized I may have missed lots of opportunities on my own ventures at TD would put it "washing lures".

Though - I've been neglectful at not getting back and trying my own hand at it, and this spring has been reporting out of sight! Me and my silly kitties...

BUT - I've got BOTH boats running and registered, few touch points, and I just might be ready to make a run down there. All my kind of luck, the big bite will have died off, but the reports still keep coming in. Guess I can always stop short and Mantua and try my hand there.
Nice report, how long were you guys on the water today?
[signature]
[quote Watershadow]Nice report, how long were you guys on the water today?[/quote]

About 6 hours
[signature]
With the full moon last night I thought the bite would be off but I was wrong.
[signature]
Plan on the 29th [fishin]
[signature]
Enjoyed getting out there with you Kevin, sorry the catching was so show but I think we are just about into the Willard Summer time slow down and with seeing all the shads starting to slow up, it won't be long. I just hope we start seeing some wiper boils this year.[:/]
[signature]
Good work you guys! We were out Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and did pretty good. Wednesday was a little slower until just before dark. We also noticed right at dusk that there were some wipers popping at shad all around the boat...won't be long.
[signature]
Wanna come to Idaho on Wednesday?
[signature]
Hey Curt, I read you were going to go to Willard on Thurs. so I went too. I went to south marina about 7:30 and fished around and west of the island. I was hoping to run into you, but don't know what your boat looks like.

I caught 8 'eyes and 2 wipers. I tried bottom bouncing at first, got no love so trolled cranks with planers and did well.
[signature]
Sorry I missed you Gary, we launch at the same time so I'm surprised I did not you, here is a link to a couple of pics of my boat: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/show...ppuser/118
I'm glad you got into the fish. How late did you stay out there?
[signature]
I left around 1 it looked like the wind was going to start, and I had some things to do at home.
[signature]