Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transporting your ride
This site is way too quiet!
So, after taking to KAnderson, I thought I would see if we could find out what you all float and how you get from point A to point B.
Myself, you all know I trailer and I fold, but this new boat (The Fuzion) is taking on a new level. NO wind resistance. Liking it more and more!
[Image: IMG_1657_zpsfc55061b.jpg]
What do you all got?
[signature]
For last couple of years, we've hauled all our boats in back of RAV, but sometimes took us more than an hour to get rigged and on the water. Got this trailer put together on Sat., so plan is to leave home fully rigged and be on the water within minutes.

New trailer required a new boat -- NFO Dragonfly. Will give report after her maiden voyage.

By the way, is that really Baxter flying through the air?

[inline "Dragonfly Trailer.jpg"]
[signature]
No, but I am sure if I threw Baxter in the lake it could be. He totally HATES water.
That is a very nice looking rig!
[signature]
My tube with the motor mount and pole holders folds up and fits in the trunk of my Subaru Legacy. 32MPG to anywhere I want to take it Smile
[signature]
You guys stop at check stations with them little boats? Smile
You need big loud smoke belching trucks pulling loud gas guzzling boats, let's keep our brothers in North Dakota working.
[signature]
We do. Usually we take trailered pontoons so easy to check, but we have taken them rolled up in the back in which they take us at our word, or we show them.
Specially when we ran a Gas Motor.
The funny thing is, they should be checking waders, boots, flies, fly line...etc.... in all honesty.
OR, up to each of us to act responsibly without being told to.
We keep the guys in Utah welding frames and gluing pontoons at work...[Wink]
[signature]
[quote MasterDaad]My tube with the motor mount and pole holders folds up and fits in the trunk of my Subaru Legacy. 32MPG to anywhere I want to take it Smile[/quote]

Ha ha. My pontoon rides in the back of my F350 powerstroke diesel long bed getting 8 mpg if I draw a tail wind. [Wink]
[signature]
On this little trailer pulled by my Nitro I can haul two toons, plus a couple tubes, batteries, motors, and have a footlocker bolted to the Tongue for all the little removable stuff.
[signature]
Yep, it will probably be from some hippies Birkenstock. Those of us with the fever are in the know.
[signature]
Here is my Suzuki Grand Vitara and our 14' three person Drift Boat and oars, plus storage boxes
[Image: IMG_1674_zps98a960e4.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1672_zps86272252.jpg]
Passenger seat still open.[Smile]
[signature]
So looks like you have a new ride -- NFO 3-person Drifter with drop-stitch floor. Any photos of how you're going to set it up?
[signature]
May get frame later, but not in a hurry as I like the open floor. Pretty much stock with maybe the pedestal seat in the front, but it is only a couple inches higher.
[Image: DSCN0430_zpsf38c0359.jpg]

Already have the Scotty Anchors and the Wind Sock.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Here is my Suzuki Grand Vitara and our 14' three person Drift Boat and oars, plus storage boxes
[.IMG][url "http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/FlyGoddess/Drifter/IMG_1674_zps98a960e4.jpg[/IMG]"]http://i44.photobucket.com/...ps98a960e4.jpg[/IMG][/url]
[.IMG][url "http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/FlyGoddess/Drifter/IMG_1672_zps86272252.jpg[/IMG]"]http://i44.photobucket.com/...ps86272252.jpg[/IMG][/url]
Passenger seat still open.[Smile][/quote]

Wait, three seats in the boat but only two in the Suzuki? Someone's riding on the cargo rack!
[signature]
Baxters Seat. He is long and skinny...[laugh]
[signature]
I was "gone fishing" for 10 days, so I am behind on this conversation. I live at an elevation of 61 feet, and make day trips to lakes at about 5600 feet. I haul my Renegade in my Mazda pickup with a camper shell. It is uninflated but not rolled up.

On my last trip, I stayed in a cabin at 7800 feet. When I took the Renegade to lakes at 9700 feet, I partially inflated it (leaving room for air expansion at higher altitudes), then strapped it to the rack on top of my truck. This saved me a little inflation time when arriving at the higher elevation lakes.
[signature]
Absolutely.
[signature]
[quote MasterDaad]My tube with the motor mount and pole holders folds up and fits in the trunk of my Subaru Legacy. 32MPG to anywhere I want to take it Smile[/quote]

NOT for everyone, but it gets even better packing INSIDE if you can use a smaller pack tube like the ODC 420L with inflatable seat and have just about any compact hatchback. I have a Prius, but anything bigger than a Yaris hatchback will work.

The ODC can be transported with all bladders except the bottom seat inflated, with all pockets packed, and with a mounted collapsing combo foot bar/motor mount when the back seats are down. The bottom seat is topped off by mouth tube in 2 minutes at destination, and the unit strapped to your back to get you quickly as walking to launch- no wheels/wait at primitive or paved ramps, etc. A 2nd set up tube or toon can be strapped to the roof if there will be 2 people. The tubes can be kept inflated, packed and ready to go in a garage so there is essentially no inflation set up time, and never a surprise leak to patch on arrival.

PM
[signature]
And if you had NFO Predator, you would have a totally packable 8' with oars pontoon at 14 lbs.
As in first picture, I drive a Suzuki. Smaller tha I like, but it's mine. Gets 24 on freeway and 18 in town. Not spectacular, but works.
And i can haul any ofmy boats in or with it.
I have even hauled 2 nine foot Renegades,motors, motormount, gear and a passanger. We make it work....lol
[signature]
wow, learn something new every day,

It would have never crossed my mind about air presure in tubes at different altitudes.. I would have bursted a seem first time out.[crazy]

I bet you save a lot of gas on the way home.[:p]
[#0000FF]By preference, I have been using GMC Jimmys or Blazers as fishing vehicles for a few years. Currently have one of each.

When both TubeBabe and I are going we either deflate both tubes and store them inside...with batteries and motors...or I tie mine down on top mostlyinflated and hers inside mostly inflated. If I go by myself I can take a Fat Cat mostly inflated with all other gear inside.

In the past I have also had a few toons...for short periods. Still prefer tubes. But I did manage to work out tieing them down on my roof rack with front tie support...as in the pics.

One of the pics attached shows two H3 Freestyle tubes (deflated) tied down on top...on an extended trip to Idaho...to allow more room inside.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]