Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Name Old Member / Bear Lake Questions
Hello to all, could not remember or find my old password. Created a new account close to the same username.

I am heading to Bear Lake this coming weekend. I have never been to the lake. I am hoping and depending on some of you BFTers to point me in the right direction to catch some fish. I would like to target in this order, Mack's, Cisco, then whatever. I am set up with Good Electronics, Electric Bow Mount, Can Troll any Speed, Electric Downriggers, so I can do whatever. I would love to be able to jig for and catch some lakers if possible. I am knowledged in jigging at the gorge. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
[signature]
I know that most people jig the Rock Piles, I think you can get the GPS Coords. from the DWR. or just look for all the boats I guess. You can troll up Macs and some large Cutts'. No idea about Cisco.
[signature]
The Cisco spawn was back in February, not sure you can catch them when they aren't concentrated for the spawn.
[signature]
Sorry ST , but your not going to find cisco this time of year. The Cisco run is late Dec or early Feb. As for the Macks , try over by the Rockpile near Gus Rich Point. Some folks jig and some troll, .
[signature]
I would fish the east side of the lake....cuts have been suspended chasing suspended Cisco, most of the lake trout action has come off the bottom. It's post spawn for the cuts right now, fishing isn't stellar but it isn't horrible....just like the gorge hunt the lakers and jig or troll, the trick in Bear Lake is staying on them as they are almost ALWAYS on the move, hunting bait fish...makes sight jigging very hard most times. We do see them lay up under/over structure similar to the gorge but the extreme lack of structure makes that pretty difficult.

20-80 ft has been the magic depths for us! Best of luck to ya man! You'll get into them!

Cisco are pretty near impossible, every once in a great while we foul hook them trolling (you'll see the blobs of them suspended on your sonar) but it's rare.....
[signature]