Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not much of a report, but a few pictures...

Millcreek and Willard.

Edited by WH2: links are not allowed to blogs without posting some type of report. Typing Millcreek and Willard is not a report and since this is not a fishing report, it will be moved to the Off Topic board.
[signature]
Instead of just redirecting us to your blog, share a least part or an excerpt or sampling from your blog here.
Nice pics, I enjoyed seeing them.
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Instead of just redirecting us to your blog, share a least part or an excerpt or sampling from your blog here.[/quote]

Well he did. I think he added to "Millcreek and Willard" excerpt![laugh]

I couldn't agree more CYS. Hate clickin on links when what I want is a fishing report on BFT!

If you can post it there, what's so hard about copy/pasting it over here?[crazy]
[signature]
I understand your concerns 'Yote.

But, I just don't see the need to write twice. I know I enjoy reading and looking at pictures, and inevitably, some will find mine. There is a mystique to it! Click the unknown link and see what it beholds. All fine and dandy unless its a trojan virus...

For those who enjoyed, thanks.

Keep it Simple, Keep Castin'

BA
[signature]
In friendly defense of my self, reports are lame--pictures, stories, and good ol' literature is where its at. I have fair warning, "Not much of a report."

Cheers to the ones who give away all of the good information, effectively helping the lurkers to fill their sacks with our beloved finned friends.

As a consolation, anyone interested in the lures I used, techniques, and sometimes locations, feel free to PM me, email me, send a postcard, whatever. I am not stingy with information--if you make an effort, strike up a conversation on the water, etc, I will always do my best to put you on fish.

I, however, do not believe in putting every Tom, Dick and Harry on fish.
[signature]
[quote altizerbd]I understand your concerns 'Yote.

But, I just don't see the need to write twice. I know I enjoy reading and looking at pictures, and inevitably, some will find mine. There is a mystique to it! Click the unknown link and see what it beholds. All fine and dandy unless its a trojan virus...

For those who enjoyed, thanks.

Keep it Simple, Keep Castin'

BA[/quote]

I sent you a pm, and confirmed backing from the mods and site admins. So let me explain "the need".

What you did was attempt to redirect traffic away from BFT without sharing anything here. That is a problem, and it's not acceptable to the site owners, admins, or site policy.
This is a free site, but you must pay the price of all the advertizements that allow BFT to host and maintain - trust me there's a lot of data and web-traffic moving abouts. So the preference is to share information, reports, pictures - etc HERE on the site. If you have additional information, or want so also share your own personal postings on your blog, that is fine too. But - a redirect alone - as I've told you - will not be allowed. Link will be edited, or post deleted if you don't have something to contribute here on THIS site.

Not trying to be nasty, just looking out for what keeps this site alive and free to users, yes - including the lurkers. Do you have a "non-lurkers" visit your blog?

Take a look at the posts that Loah shares. He has a great blog site, but he also takes the time to paste reports here. You don't have to retype the whole thing, but a "select-copy-paste" shouldn't be too painful.

Stepping off soapbox, and mowing the lawn, fishing later. Later.
[quote CoyoteSpinner]

Take a look at the posts that Loah shares. He has a great blog site, but he also takes the time to paste reports here. You don't have to retype the whole thing, but a "select-copy-paste" shouldn't be too painful..[/quote]

I appreciate those words, thanks.

Something I should add though:

It's not as simple as a copy/paste from my blog to here. My blog ran out of most storage space a long time ago, therefore it won't host very many photos on its own. That means I need to use a third party to host my images and that's where things get complicated.

Blogs might require an html format for photos, like mine. This site prefers IMG codes. Photobucket provides both, so that's nice, however going through and changing them takes some time.

On top of that, Photobucket changed their IMG codes to include a Direct Link URL wrapped around the IMG. This really messes with BFT and images won't appear unless the URL tags and code are deleted.

It's not a big deal to clean up a few photos, but it gets pretty tedious when a report has 20+ pics.

I used to copy/paste and it was nice and easy.

Here's a straight copy/paste from my blog:

Quote:The tail appears to have gotten thicker. His belly just wasn't as full this time to make weight, I presume. Still an incredible fish and it made my day. I left with a big Smile and drove home in the dark.

photo FLP024_zps94b99782.jpg

Happy Fishing, Humans.

It just doesn't work anymore. I really wish it did.

BTW, nice report altizerbd.
[signature]
Your reports are always great LOAH and we greatly appreciate the effort it takes for you to post them. Don't you think it drives more traffic to your blog by posting on BFT? IMO it is not fair to you if we allow others to just post links to their blogs without making a report so this members link will be deleted. We gave him a change to do it himself but I guess he knows what is best rather than the owner of BFT and the site mods. [:|]
[signature]
Man! That FLP fish is awesome, just beadiful. Don't think I've ever seen colors that that.

I'm using my Kodachrom imagination BTW... [sly]