Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nice day at pv
Caught 36" tiger musky on senco wacky rig and my boy caught a 39" trolling. Not bad when we were fishing for smallies. My other son had one chasing the bass he had hooked. Fun day until a sail boat almost hit us then ran over our lines and went between us and the shore when we were only 30 ft from shore. He said sorry but there was nothing else he could but now I'm out 20 dollars in lures.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip thanks for sharing your report and pics, too bad about your lures though, some people have no respect for fisherman.[Sad]
You know me and I mean no disrespect but holding a musky in a vertical position is never good on larger fish, their guts can be damaged and even though the fish can swim away, it is possible they could die later. I know in the excitement of the moment it is easy to forget but it is something to think about in the future.

FYI: For anyone else replying to this post, I'm said enough about the subject on fish handling, so please do not give him any grief about this, thanks.
[signature]
Was he making a wake? Perhaps flying a Jolly Roger?

I get sailboats aren't as maneuverable, and probably can't start/stop like a motor boat, but the same laws of "proximity" apply. And that's just plum ignert to go between an angling boat and the shore. Good grief.

+1 on the Musky handling tips though. Maybe do a search K2Muskie has posted some real good pointers on proper care, and good equipment to have. Hope the stocking program is going to work well for them. Definitely an adrenalin rush to encounter one of them prehistoric beasties!

So you caught at least one bass also. Any crappie action? Or maybe not the target of the day.
Thanks for the good information. We will remember that in the future.
[signature]
Thanks will will look at that before we go again. Only a couple of smallies. Asked a couple of shore fishermen about crappie but no good news.
[signature]
Great post and awesome catches! Made even better by the fact it was a family outing!

You are braver than I to attempt PV on a weekend.[crazy]
[signature]
congrats on the tigers! nicely done , must of got that one in the corner of the mouth perfectly on the wacky rig
[signature]