Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draws are out.
Zero'd again. Per usual. [:/]

Oh well.
[signature]
No draw for me too . Three grandaughters drew doe tags . First time hunting for them , that will be fun .
[signature]
Finally after 3 yrs drew November cow hunt unit 58-2
[signature]
Good for you . Good luck.
[signature]
Extra doe for the wife and I. Wife also got a cow tag.

Anyone see this [url "http://www.cdapress.com/news/outdoors/article_ebd85542-d0fa-527e-be2c-f69a9757b747.html?TNNoMobile"]http://www.cdapress.com/news/outdoors/article_ebd85542-d0fa-527e-be2c-f69a9757b747.html?TNNoMobile[/url]

Thoughts?
[signature]
I can see where people could be irritated by this, but given that it's primarily kids benefitting I'm willing to overlook it this once
[signature]
I thought about forgiving this but. There were 1000 kids that were involved. How many of them had other adults that were on the application? If all 1000 had three others then potentially 4000 tags were given out to people that broke the law. I say bring in the co's and do what they go to do. They broke the law and who ever put them in the draw should stand for it. Ron
[signature]
One way of looking at it. However that is a lot of man hours and dissapointment for a lot of kids that then builds animosity (even more than now) against IDFG for a case that could easily be argued that they were Confused by the new law/regulation. Yes it was their fault they did not read it accurately, but at the same time this is a one time error that will correct itself since it will be fully in place for all future entries. As it sits now there are a lot of people that might have drawn before that may be a little irritated. But you start citing people and saying they can't use the tag that initially they were told they could, then you will have a lot of people that knew they did draw and now it's useless. Not a simple answer at this point, but which one is likely to draw the most heat against the dept? Probly not letting a bunch of kids have the opportunity to hunt.
[signature]
Letting people use unlawful tags is the wrong way to do it no matter what the age. I understand that there is a lawsuit that is starting to roll on this. Ron
[signature]
This just makes me want to puke!
Try explaining to your ten year old that he wasn't eligible to apply when he says "but Johnny next door is ten and he got a deer tag why couldn't I?"
Do you respond with
"his dad broke the rules and that's why he gets to go have a great hunt this year, but cheating is bad and you should never do it"

Or do you just say "never trust IDF&g son"

You know this scenario is playing out all over the state.

If we are choosing what laws we are following I think we should all go through the regulations together and pick which rules we would like to follow.
Hey if we get enough of us breaking a rule we may just get a free pass because it would be to "time consuming" to enforce the rules.

Turns my stomach!

Justin
[signature]
Here is the latest.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/medi...ewsID=7197
[signature]
I just saw this news release myself and was going to share it but Ron beat me to it. I personally am interested to see how they handle it. Ideally it would have been best to just dedicate the manpower and weed out any people that didn't qualify initially in the first place.
[signature]
I can't stand the thought of leaving a young hunter bitter at the system and those who ruin it. We all know there will be plenty of that when they are older. At the same time the law was broken and I believe something should be done about it. Fish and game will pull their typical crap and issue an apology then try to sweep it under the rug. Hopefully the lawsuit will keep the issue in the spittle and force action to fix the problem. By the way I can tell I put in for south east Idaho hunts again. I didn't draw a single tag.
[signature]
I hate to see the kids take the brunt of there parents ignorance (or stupidity). But those who were not legally entered should all be thrown out along with anyone else who applied on the same application. In my mind, the whole application was illegal due to the illegal applicant. Because of the confusion argument, I don't believe there should be any prosecution, but thrown out they should be.

Even a child can understand that rules are rules and they have to be followed. They may not like it, but that is what is right. At least that's how I see it.
[signature]
What law was broken . It says they can't hunt until July 1 . It does not say they can't apply . If fish and game didn't want them to apply , they should not have sold them licences until July 1 . The hunter safety instructor told us to apply . My 2 14 year old granddaughter and my 10 year old granddaughter . Drew on a youth hunt . I didn't draw any tags myself .
[signature]
Well, I guess it could be argued that it is not a law, but since it is in print the regulations I think most would agree that it is a law. Here it is:

Effective July 1, 2014 – the minimum age to hunt big game
was lowered from 12 to 10. A 9-year old may buy a license to
apply for a controlled hunt tag, but he or she must be 10 years
old at the time of the hunt.
Since this law does not take effect until July 1, 2014, hunters
who are 10 cannot apply for big game controlled hunts in the
first controlled hunt application periods (April-June)
, but a
9-year old who will turn 10 during the season can apply in the
second application period in August.

The complaint is that people who are 10 did apply and they did not throw those applications out. Seems obvious to me that they should have.
[signature]
A person could argue that the F&G should have had the computer set up to kick them out. But here is my argument to that. What keeps someone from picking up a spotlight and going hunting at night for big game? What keeps a person from shooting an elk with a 22 rimfire?
There are no kick outs for that only the rule book. And the rule book clearly said that they could not apply. I for one would hold the person accountable for applying the underage applicants. A couple of years away from the drawing process should help them to read the rule book a little more carefully.
Ron
[signature]
[quote elkmagnet]This just makes me want to puke!
Try explaining to your ten year old that he wasn't eligible to apply when he says "but Johnny next door is ten and he got a deer tag why couldn't I?"
Do you respond with
"his dad broke the rules and that's why he gets to go have a great hunt this year, but cheating is bad and you should never do it"

Or do you just say "never trust IDF&g son"

You know this scenario is playing out all over the state.

If we are choosing what laws we are following I think we should all go through the regulations together and pick which rules we would like to follow.
Hey if we get enough of us breaking a rule we may just get a free pass because it would be to "time consuming" to enforce the rules.

Turns my stomach!

Justin[/quote]

I'm in this boat now with Avery. I'm so pissed at F&G. Avery holds a lifetime H&F license and he got screwed his first year. Virgil can go to hell. He didn't want to disappoint the kids that drew illegally but there was another ~1500 kids that followed the law and are devastated that the cheaters won. Absolute bullshit!! I have always defended F&G's decisions even when I didn't agree with them but no more. They can rot in hell.
How do you really feel !!!! I know its b.s.
[signature]
Man that stinks. The issue I have yet to see anyone discuss is the fact that those cheaters were in party draws. The others that drew should have been thrown out too. But they weren't. It was not just about the 282 or what ever tags it was also about the piggybackers. The piggybackers got away with murder.
[signature]