Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
green river
Got out to the green this past weekend and had a blast fishing the cicadas for the first time. River is still high but flows are coming down and the fish dont seem to mind. Access around the river is pretty good lots of bug bugs and fish are all fat and healthy.
[signature]
That had to be a rush. I want to make one of the Cicada hatches one day.
[signature]
Nice, the flow does look high! I was there over Memorial Day just before they flooded it, The Cicada hatch this year was incredible…I fished the Gorge last weekend and the whole lake is covered, tho Bows' were pounding them.
[signature]
Bows pounding cicadas on the surface of the reservoir?

Dang, I gotta get up there!
[signature]
Yup, it's is awesome! Water is littered with Cicada's.. Cast and twitch your fly a little.
[signature]
The cicada hatch is going on in Idaho on Oneida right now. There were carp, smallmouth and rainbows eating them. Unfortunately I was a fool and didn't bring a fly rod (was targeting smallmouth and usually knock them dead on cranks this time of year). They were being very selective and would rush the small popper I was throwing on a spinning rod, but they would refuse it at the last second. It was on the small side for spinning gear, but unfortunately too large to be a good imitation for those picky fish. I'm still kicking myself as what could have been an epic day ended up being a very mediocre one. I guess that's the world's way of telling me I need to fly fish more again [Smile]
[signature]