Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Pool and other contests
[Wink]Hey guys even though the fat lady didn't sing yet. I just wanted to say thanks for all the fun. I also want to thank all the guys from work who helped me with all my picks. As I said before I'm not into watching the game but I do enjoy playing and that is what we did here. I think I have also gained some new members from new york because of this game and some of the other contests I've been in since I've been a member of BFT. When I started playing they ( I mean the boys at work) all had a good laugh and I was a sorce of humor. As time went on and some prizes came in they weren't laughing anymore but started to back me and they were truely interested in what was happening.

Under my picks for this week Shawn said above are the pics you have to watch out for. Whether I win or lose it doesn't really matter , I enjoyed the competition and the comraderie I've had at work. I also want to thank BFT because if it wasn't for them and this site we all would have less enjoyment in our lives.
[signature]
lol I was lookin at your picks in comparison with mine, no way could I beat ya. lol, if you got every pick wrong, I would only have 4-5 correct, I need at least 15 to catch up, lol....

no doubt about it, you are the man of all seasons, fishing football hunting, Do you bowl? ever play gutter ball? I have a bowling avarage that would make any golfer green with envey... lol

good game, I had a lot of fun with it also. I was having a hard time trying to figure on how I was going to get the lead on ya, especialy when for the most part we were picking the same teams...lol.

well I see ya at the finish line. my best hope is to finish in my current position of 7th.

but as for the rams going home loosing their last game to the worst team, I dont see that happening, no one wants to admit at the starting game of next season that in their last game they lost to the worst team. I think the rams are going put in a little extra horn in to this game. lions are going to just have to inflate their fanny packs, cause thay are ging to get their bums kicked but good. all these home game wins have just been givemes to boost ticket sales by non contenders to the bowl.

I dont think they needed the new stadium, they went from the biggest stadium in the world to one with 2/3rd copasidy, they would not have had to move to boost ticket sales if they would have just won a game once in a while, and at look like they were a contender for the bowl at least half way through the season..........

well I like my new home team better, they did not make it but thay did look like a contender for a while. GO TITIANS [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2073;] now all I have to do is move closer to my home team....lol Dixi here I come. I sign the real estate papers this morning.... now all I need do is find some one who dosnt mind having the lions for a home team to buy my property.
[signature]
You have a big advantage with 6 wins. The rod is as good as yours. I think you deserve to win it as much as anyone. Like you said: It has been a lot of fun!

I like talking football with everyone here and my Raiders poor play this season really humbled me, and they better not let it happen next year. But it was a really successful pool with a lot of core people playing all year and making it really competitive. I look forward to doing it next year from the first week this time.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a great new year. And check back in at the "Not Necessairly Fishing" board. I'll be around.

Sean
[signature]
Ya'boy, iffin I get my way, next year I'll be a rootin for the titans south of the mason dixon line....

Best dowgone home team I ever rooted fer....

this was a riot, I'm already lookin forward to the kick off next season.

I wont have to ride the lions so hard next year cause I wont have to hear about um loosin every week any more..... man I tellin ya after 30 some years of hearin about them loosin can realy put a treble hook in a man's waders ...lol [sly] well at least this year they did not disaboint me in the least bit. I said they were the worst all time team, but bygoll they didn't have to go and prove it with 24 concective road losses, next year it only gets worse. "the streak is still a goin"

we already go a pool goin on when they are goina win an away game. my number is 52 lol

sorry guys I had to get in a good last lick at um for I leave.[sly]
[signature]
wll detroit did it, I guess that's why you lead in the pool... lol

but aftrer watching that game, I still would not bet a dollar on the lions next game. the rams is a far better team than to have to leave with thier heads hanging low.

all detroit managed to do is to make a sell out game for the opening season next year. after 35 years of loosin, they have lost me as a fan..... said and done. Go Titians..... [cool]

I dont care if detroit wins the super bowl next year, it wont change my mind I am tierd of waitin .....

by the way good call Chief....
[signature]
Congratulations! 13 wins gets you your 3rd shirt or hat. Maybe you can get some sweats.

Have fun with your new rod. I'll talk to Mike and get all the details.

Sean
[signature]
Congradulations Chief, ya finaly got a first place win, Woo Hoo!!!

not that you havent been a contender to watch out for in our other contest....
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool][cool][cool]!!!!!! Thanks guys. It's like Christmas just keeps on coming, Sorry Sean for spelling your name wrong I know if I was Dave T I could get away with it.

Some new tipups and Aqua-vu for Xmas now if we can only get some ice. Can't wait. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.
[signature]
Congratulations Chief!!! Nice pickin' throughout the entire season.
[cool][cool][cool][cool][cool]Thanks Trey, Dave thinks we should have a bowling contest next. Maybe ten frozen fish for pins, and sinkers for balls. I gave up bowling many years ago.
[signature]