Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evanston camping?
I am planning on going to Evanston Wyoming at the end of August. I have looked for over an hour for any camping nearby, and can't seem to find any. Bear River State park has NONE. All the city's hotels are $50+ per night.

Except for East Canyon, which would only save me 20 minutes of driving first thing in the morning to get to my event, is there anywhere closer I can go?
[signature]
There isn't a whole lot up that way unless you head towards kemerer or the uintas.
[signature]
Yeah, I've noticed that.
Oh well, I guess I can either get up earlier, or just arrive late. They never start Morning Court on time anyway! LOL
[signature]
I know of a good place outside of town on the bear river by the narrow's,surrounded by cottonwoods.
[signature]
Could I sleep in my car there? If I could do it for free, that'd be awesome! I was debating just going to the Flying J Travel plaza, but I'm not sure how good personal security would be there...
[signature]
[url "http://www.phillipsrvpark.com/"]Phillips RV Park[/url] [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]is right in town and has tent sites for $17.50 plus tax per night. That took me less than 2 minutes to find.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Yeah, I saw that one. But $17+ for a tent site is absolutely ridiculous! I won't be using electrical hook ups, water, sewer/black water dumping, or anything. Just parking. I can go to Wal-Mart and spend the night for free (and if I was really polite, go in and buy something, but even still keep it under $5)

Plus I also have to consider the $25 in gas (round trip) over my monthly budget, too. Plus the event entrance is $15... all these fees start adding up quick!
[signature]
[quote Vivid-Dawn]I am planning on going to Evanston Wyoming at the end of August. I have looked for over an hour for any camping nearby, and can't seem to find any.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Silly me; I thought you were actually looking for a bonified camping facility. Next time you might want to be a little more specific about what it is you REALLY want.[/#800000][/font]
[quote Vivid-Dawn]Yeah, I saw that one. But $17+ for a tent site is absolutely ridiculous! I won't be using electrical hook ups, water, sewer/black water dumping, or anything. Just parking. I can go to Wal-Mart and spend the night for free (and if I was really polite, go in and buy something, but even still keep it under $5)[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Tent camping sites normally DO NOT come with hook-ups. But they DO give you access to a bathroom to take care of bodily functions when needed and hot showers which would be much appreciated by people you come in contact with during whatever event in which you will be participating.[/#800000][/font]
[quote Vivid-Dawn]Plus I also have to consider the $25 in gas (round trip) over my monthly budget, too. Plus the event entrance is $15... all these fees start adding up quick![/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Hey, life's a bitch; then you die. If you want to play; you have to pay.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Wow Bob, could you be a little more negative[:|], not everyone has the same budget, give the gal a break.
[signature]
It's alright, WiperHunter2. Yes, I could have been a little more clear.

Usually when I go camping, all I need is a spot for my car and tent, and preferably an established fire pit (but I always bring my own portable one just in case). I also bring utility water of my own for a sponge bath, and I potty in a bucket (lined with a bag with some kitty litter at the bottom).

I keep forgetting that most females NEED warm showers, flushing toilets and outlets for their hair gadgets. I can get all that at home.

Also, I am on a tight budget. Disability barely pays enough to live on. That's why I plan these things in advance, so I can save up my measly leftovers after paying bills Wink
[signature]
Amen. Ole Bob must of tipped over his coffee.
[signature]
Try the Walmart parking lot. Campers passing thru use it. Be safe.
[signature]