Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicker Motor or Trolling Plate ~ Merc 150 4 Stroke
[font "Calibri"]Another discussion topic .... and I know we all have opinions so please share them [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Getting a new boat ... 2015 Lund Crossover with a 150 Merc 4 Stroke ..... [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Here is the question? [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Get a kicker motor installed with the controls ...... or get a trolling plate? [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Thanks in Advance for the opinions[/font]
[signature]
Depends on how much you troll or love trolling. I have an Lund that has the IFS - basically dual controls for the kicker & main motor. I troll 95% of the time and love the fact that I really have a backup motor if the main motor craps out. Also running the trolling motor saves me a TON of $$ on gas. My 15 hp 4-stroke runs off it own 3 gallon tank and it will last 2 full days of trolling without needing a fillup ( the whole weekend). Just think of the amount of hours you would save on the main motor with a kicker. Just my two cents. Hope you make the correct call for your type of fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for the input .... I currently don't troll with the big motor cause I basically only bass, crappie, perch and catfish ... but looking at broadening the horizons and going after trout, kokannee that I know is better to troll for.

If I do a change order, as they haven't started building boat till next week, I will have dual controls also, cause I don't want to be back there steering when I want to be fishing .....

Thanks again for you input
[signature]