Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leupold Rangefinders
Trying to decide between the RX-1000i and the 800i (both with the TBR).

Anybody out there own either of these, and have any feedback that might help me decide??

Specifically, I notice that the 800 has a feature they call trophy scale, that the 1,000 does not... Is this feature worth giving up a little range distance for??

Thanks in advance!!
[signature]
The issue I had with the Leupold was the screen was busy. Too much stuff going on. Also when I took out the Bushnell I got the leupold and the Leica, the Leica would range the farthest, The Bushnell was next and the Leupold was last. I like Leupold but I haven't shopped for a range finder for about 10 years.
[signature]
Okay, so when you are talking about "ranged the farthest" I assume you mean on a deer hide, right?

So aside from the fact I was comparing the 800 and 1000 Leupolds, what do you have, and what would you recommend?
[signature]
Mine is 10 years old now, I haven't tested any for a long time. We were testing them on rocks in the canyon below twin falls. My friend has a Licea and we have tested on elk and deer. His I think is a 1000 and it pounded my range finder.
Mine would keep up with a Licea until 600 yards on game, farther on rocks. Mine is no longer offered it is the Bushnell Yardage pro but I don't remember the model. I think mine has a 6x or 8x ocular lens I don't remember. I do know I got it for my muzzleloaders and I do not regret it. Like I said I have not shopped in years but the Leupold then just had too much to look at in the lense. For me anything that will reach out to 500 yards is plenty for me but I have found that if you want 400 yards you need to buy one that will do 800. The testing that they do is on reflective surface like a stop sign.
WHat would I recommend? The licea is a solid bet. The one my friend has is the older green one that is 1000 yards. His is uncluttered and has a red led read out. I like mine and would buy it again. Both of those are 10 years old too. Ron
[signature]