Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip report fishing in the ROK
[size 3]That is the Republic of Kalifornia [sly][/size][size 3] [/size][size 3]With their goofy laws, etc, etc...[/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[size 3]Back to fishing. Went out to visit the in-laws Friday through Wednesday up in the mid Kalifornia area and made it out on the water Sat, Mon and Tue with my brother in laws. Sure was nice to fish in the cooler temps. One just about needed a light jacket for the first run of each day from the marinas. Low 60s topping off into the 80s to low 90s each day.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Both of my brother in laws got me into Bass fishing back before we moved to Vegas 7-8 years ago. My oldest Bro has a one year newer boat than mine now. Same but the single console verse twin/walk through windshield. Makes one feel at home when you are fishing off, for the most part, the same boat you are use to.[/size]
[size 3]Makes one’s eyes open to tidal water fishing. When the tides are on your side so is the fish. Went it isn't in your favor they certainly are not. (Kalifonia Delta river system in the Tracy, Kalifornia area).[/size]
[size 3]Anyways out of the 3 days the tides were on our side for one of them. Well over 30 fish. The other two days we worked our butts off for 10-20 of them.[/size]
[size 3]Had a great time. Felt good to be on the water chasing the Bass since we haven't been on Mead since April or so chasing them. Madi just gets better and better at this stuff even though we haven't even been out in a while. She was killing it flipping and had both of my brother in laws jaws hanging watching her. She rarely goes when out there since hanging out in Grandpas pool is usually a bigger priority [Smile][/size]
[size 3]Good times with lots of on the water time. Makes one really love going to visit their in-laws![/size]
[size 3]First morning out. Just out of the marina we launched out of.[/size]
[Image: CaliDelta-Aug2014_001.jpg]
[size 3]Dealing with the Hyacinth is always fun. This was at one of the temporary rock walls that is put up to hold water for the farmers irrigating needs during certain parts of the year. The state manages it and has a truck and generic trailer at each point to load boats up on one side of the temp wall and move you over to the other side. This was our view out of the back of the back of the boat as we were being put back in. This stuff is a bear. Took us a while to push it back enough to be able to get the boat turned. Once nosed into it you can go a heck of a lot easier and forge through it fairly easy. (The operator was actually quite surprised we even wanted to go across and said we were the first ones to brave it back in this area for the last week or so.)[/size]
[Image: CaliDelta-Aug2014_002.jpg]
[size 3]Finally! After too many years of messing with a frog out there I got me a frog fish! I've had tons of blow ups over the years just never was able to get fully connected with one.[/size]
[Image: CaliDelta-Aug2014_003.jpg]

[Image: CaliDelta-Aug2014_006.jpg]
[size 3]Cranks still work when one gets into an area you can work 'em.[/size]
[Image: CaliDelta-Aug2014_008.jpg]
[size 3]Flipping fish.[/size]
[Image: CaliDelta-Aug2014_011.jpg]
[size 3]The one day Madi went she beat both my older brother in law and myself. She got the big fish and the most fish that day flipping.[/size]
[Image: CaliDelta-Aug2014_012.jpg]

[Image: CaliDelta-Aug2014_014.jpg]
[signature]
Always enjoy your fishing reports and appreciate you sharing your enthusiasm and knowledge of bass fishing. As you can tell, not much action on the Forum.

I was telling my son that I understand people being upset with the lower water level in Lake Mead, but the fish are still there so what's going on? I guess we'll just wait and see what happens when the weather cools down a bit.

Thanks [fishin]
[signature]
For me... The weather (WIND) has been the big factor. It hasn't been in my favor for what seems like months or at least good enough on the days I could go most of the summer. Otherwise I would be out there. Lower water or not. I'll still go with the heat and deal with it but not the winds. Madi doesn't do as well with the heat but then she can just swim and manage staying cooled that way and be totally happy out there spotting fish for me from within their environment [Wink]

Matter of fact this Saturday is looking up. To be seen. At least when not fishing I am saving $$ and able to stock up fishing stuff. I still have one reel I need to replace before I start going out there and using up my "allowance" on gas, etc.

All of those bass tournaments on TV with Pros saying the wind is your friend in interviews can jump off a cliff. It ISN'T on Lake Mead that is a fact. I have never done well out there on any type of fish in the winds. Besides all the pains involved with dealing with the wind. Boat control, casting a BC into the wind, waves bigger than my little 17 foot boat, etc, etc, etc...
[signature]